CHAPTER 17

ANNIE POV

After knowing that I'm pregnant, we got argument. Arthur insisted that he want me to stayed at home. For god sake, I'm pregnant not going to die. I know our baby is his first son, I just sigh, wondering what might happened when the baby is born. I bet he will spoiled the baby more than I imagine.

When we found that I'm pregnant, at that moment he called Billy to set an appointment with gynecologist., when I see his interaction with Mia, at that time I know that he will be the best father.

Today we supposed to meet gynecologist, Dr Sharon Matthews. She is specialist well known gynecologist. Arthur decided to attending every time I have to check my pregnant condition. He don't want to miss every single moment about our baby. And now both of us sit in the couch waiting the doctor calling us. Dr Sharon is kind, and look motherhood. She examine my womb and it turns that our baby is 3 weeks.

Dr Sharon prescribe my vitamin so my womb strong and the baby don't lack with nutrition, she ensure Arthur to give me proper meal. Arthur seems enthusiastic, when meeting with Dr Sharon he ask so many question related to my pregnancy, and she answer every question clearly. Arthur look satisfied with her, and so do I.

I still hate about his decision to make me resign from my job on library. I definitely will confront him again. I don't want to be burden for him, just because I'm pregnant with his child.

I'm asking him take me to the park while we are on our way home. In the park we're walking hand in hand and admiring the park views. I sit in the bench for a while looking a happy family walking in front of me, the father carry his 2 years daughter, while the mother holding the stroller.

I watch them silently and startled when Arthur embrace me "sweetheart what are you thinking now ?"

I sigh "Baby can I still going to work ?" I asking him slowly but try not to create another drama with him.

Caressing my knuckles his eyes staring at me "I don't want you get hurt, exhausted, tired. I want you to focusing our children. Do you know one of my dream ? I imagine when I coming back home watching you playing with kids. I love you so much, can you obey me this time honey?

I lean my head on his shoulder, closed my eyes just enjoying the moment. We walking around and suddenly his phone rings, when he focusing answer the call, I see there is an ice cream stand. I walking there and looking the display, I'm craving strawberry flavor.

"Good afternoon mam, what would you like buy mam ?" The ice cream seller flirted. Gosh, I hate when see man like this, I just smiled at him pointed the strawberry flavor "give me this, and thank you". Suddenly hand slip in my waist, I see Arthur glaring to the man "give my wife her damn ice cream, she's taken. I suggest you stay away from her" Arthur snap at him. That guy just nodded frighted. He hurried give me the ice cream. Walking away from the stand Arthur hug me tight and possessive.

"I hate when someone flirt with you. I see he looking lust at you. I want to punch and kill him." still angry he looks flustered.

I teased him "since when I become your wife?"

He laugh "Darling, you are mine. Its a matter of time when you'll become my wife" he whisper in my ear.

"Jealousy so much, I see ?" still teasing him. He kissing me softly, "Baby, I always jealous when it related to you". I love this side of him, every single things that he do for me always makes me bewitched.

I feel tired, arriving at home, take shower, Arthur going to his study room, he still have some works to do. Fell fresh after shower, I come to Mia room, I see she lay in her bed watching television. She smiled at me, up in her bed, I want to cuddle with her. Its been long since we take time together.

"Mom, how's my little baby ? Is she okay ? Mia touch my belly. Mia always sweet, she's always attentive. I hummed, even my belly still flat but Mia caressing with full of affection.

"Mia darling, you know I always love you. You will be the best big sister to the baby. Do you want a girl or a boy ?" I said with curious.

She put her finger to her chin, pretend like thinking so seriously. She laugh "I don't care if its boy or girl. I wish the baby born healthy, complete and I can't wait until the baby is born. I guess she or he will be adorable, cute, mom"

We spend time together that time, just chatting and laughter. When dinner time, I notice that Arthur is come home. He kissed me, then stroking my belly then kneel in front of it "hi little one, how are you there ? don't you dare make mommy upset or sad. I love you little one" he whisper in my belly. I smiled at his behavior, caressing his hair while he talking with our baby.

The next day Mia begged me to take her to nearest mall. She said she want to buy dress for her prom. Because I don't have anything to do, and kinda bored I agree with her. I resign from my work from library, I don't want having another argument with him.

In the mall, Mia take me to one boutique. I know from the brand is famous, little bit taken back with Mia action. I just curious with her mind, sometimes her imagine can be wild. She grab one dress, the dress is so beautiful, she give the dress to me. Still looking at her confused, she pushing me to dressing room. The dress look fit in me, when I see in the mirror, show me my curve in the right place.

I'm out from the dressing room to show Mia, waiting for her reaction. She sit in the couch, when she turn her head to me, she amazed, she running to me hug me "Mom, you look so beautiful, the dress is gorgeous" her smile never leave her lips. Twisting my body, she speechless "I hope dad will love it" she talking alone.

"Hmm, what are you saying ?" I turn back and said to her

Mia get caught and shook her head "nothing mom, you incredible".

She insist me to wear the dress, I don't know where we want to go, I just think we'll only spend mother daughter time today. She grab my hand and walking to our next stop. Apparently she taking me to salon. She whisper to the girl on the front desk, the girl nodded then walking to us, smiling to me, grab my hand and she bring me inside. When I turn my head to Mia, she just smiling at me widely and she disappear.

I'm following the girl and she told me to sit in the chair. Another woman come to me, she looks friendly, she start working with my hair. When she put the make up on me, she told me to close my eyes. Honestly, I never care with cosmetic or make up, I just don't get used it. The women told me to open my eyes, when I open it, I'm shocked looking at the mirror, I can't believe its me. The women in the mirror, look beautiful, charming, gorgeous. 

I walking outside and I see Mia is talking with the girl in the front desk. When she turn her head and see me. She put her hand in mouth, I know how excited her when she brought me here. She know I never use make up, and this is the first time I use make up properly.

"Now, after this weird thing you do to me, what will we do ?" I raise my eyes to her scolded her, She chuckled and grabbing my hand take me to the car. I see Arthur car in the front mall, a driver open the door to us, but Mia handed me a blindfold. "Mom, use it" she said

And now I'm getting flustered, "Why I have to use this darling"

She embrace me, "Mom, you are the best mom I ever had. I love you to the moon and back mom. I need you inside the car now, the driver will take you"

Just because she is my little devil, and I never get mad at her, I just shook my head. Mia help me with the blindfold, and take me inside the car.

I take a deep breath, wondering what will happened next.