Chapter 3

Present Day

Sophia POV

It was pitch black.

I was running through the woods and stumbled on an overgrown tree root.

Footsteps slowly approaching me and stops right in front of me.

I slowly look up at this person and...

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

There goes my alarm.

It was 6am and time to get up to prepare breakfast for the pack.

I looked next to me at the bed opposite me. My one and only friend and fellow omega Hannah we still sleeping peacefully. I wish I didn't have to wake her, but we both know what will happen if we don't get breakfast made on time. This pack will despise us even more than they do now.

"Hannah..." I said, poking her. "Wake up."

"hmmmmmm..." replied Hannah "Let me sleep. I'm so tired!"

I rolled my eyes. "You know that it is virtually impossible for me to make all the breakfast by myself. Now, get up and quick before we both end up in trouble."

"Yes mum!" came Hannah's muffled voice under her pillow.

I rolled my eyes again and headed to the bathroom to get ready for the day. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and got my clothes on. I headed downstairs to get started on breakfast. Hannah wasn't too far behind. I made a start on the eggs and bacon while Hannah began on the toast and pancakes. We put the cereals, milk, orange juice and apple juice on the table and once the rest of the breakfast was made, we placed them on the table as well.

Soon enough the stampede of pack members entered through the front door, ready to eat. Hannah and I went back into the kitchen to begin the clean up.

"Sophia! Where is the butter?" came a high pitched screech. Belinda the pack bike...always has a different guy for every day of the week.

"Coming!" I shouted back.

I took the butter and as soon as I entered, there was silence.

"Why has it got so quiet?" said Midnight.

"No Idea...wonder what's going on..." I replied.

I looked around the room to be faced with many glares. I kept my head down, put the butter down on the table before retreating into the kitchen.

"Can't do anything right, can you?" said Belinda, sneering at me.

I stopped in my tracks, tempted to turn around and give that Belinda a piece of my mind.

"Don't. She's not worth it. Keep moving." Said Midnight.

"How much longer can I take of this Midnight? I can't keep letting them make fun of me! It's not right!"

"I know, but I have a feeling something big is going to happen. Give it time. Keep going and ignore that nasty piece of work."

I took a few deep breaths before I carried on walking back into the kitchen.

Hannah noticed the look on my face.

"What's up?" she asked concerned.

"Nothing. Just Belinda being her usual delightful self." I replied sarcastically.

"Well don't listen to her, she has no valid opinions."

"Thanks Hannah. That's what Midnight said too." I sighed. "I think I'm going to go for a run. Midnight hasn't been out for a while and she's getting a bit agitated."

"Good idea. Want me to join you?" she asked.

"I think I just want some alone time if that's ok with you" I answered back.

"No worries hun. See you in a bit." Said Hannah as I walked out the front door.

I headed for one of the trees near the pack house and undressed. I changed into my wolf and let Midnight take control.

"Much appreciated"

"Go and be free for a bit"

Midnight sprinted through the forest towards one of our favourite spots. I was a crystal clear pool with the most beautiful waterfall cascading down the side.

We rested there for a while before I remembered something Midnight had said to me.

"He Midnight, what did you mean by something big is going to happen?"

Midnight woke from her slumber. "I don't know...call it a gut feeling..."

"A gut feeling? Meaning you have no idea what it is?"

"Nope but have faith. Have I ever steered you wrong?"

"can't say you have. Well we shall just have to wait to see what it is I suppose."

End of chapter 3!

Hope you enjoyed it. Any feedback welcomed .

What could this gut feeling be telling her?

Until next time folks!