Chapter 13

Grayson POV

I was standing in the middle of the dancefloor, staring back at all the different packs and their members. I tried again to see if I could catch the scent of my mate. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I began my speech.

"I want to thank you all for attending this event to not only celebrate my birthday but also to give you all the opportunity to find your mates. I am hopeful we will be able to make many connections and also form alliances between packs. So without further ado, let the Ball commence!"

And with that there were cheers all around. The music began to play and couples were heading to the dancefloor to dance together.

"May I have the honour of dancing with you?" came a voice from behind me.

Well, I didn't want to be rude, so I agreed. Once the song had finished, another girl approached wanting to dance with me. This carried on all night and by the 14th girl, I needed a break! I headed towards the open bar and ordered a strong drink before another girl approached and I danced with her.

I was quickly getting bored and irritated when suddenly, the door burst open and in walked the most beautiful woman I had ever laid eyes on. She looked absolutely breathtaking! Not only that, but I could smell fresh strawberries and knew there and then...we locked eyes and I knew...

"Mate!" I whispered, looking towards her.

Sophia POV

As I reached the entrance of the palace, I began to get knots in my stomach. What if when I meet my mate he recognises me for the Omega that I am and rejects me? As the limo came to a stop, I took a bit of time to do a breathing exercise to calm my nerves down.

"Hurry up! Our mate is in there! I can sense it!" Said Midnight my wolf.

"Alright! Keep your wig on! One question: What if he rejects us?" I asked.

"No way! I can sense our mate is a good 'un. He won't reject us. He will love us!" Midnight replied back confidently.

With that being said, I got out of the limo and headed for the front door. As I approached the door, it was heavily guarded by two beefy looking men. They stopped me for going any further.

"State your business here." Said one of them.

"I've come to muck out the stables! What on earth do you think I'm here for? I'll let you take a wild guess and I'll even give you a clue: Look how I'm flamin' dressed!" I exclaimed.

They both looked at each other before the other one said "What pack are you from?"

"The Silver Moon Pack" I replied, trying to remain calm.

"Then why didn't you come with your pack?" The first one asked.

Good question! What the heck am I supposed to say?

"Erm...I...like to be fashionably late?" I replied, hoping they didn't catch on to my uncertainty.

They both giggled at each other before I heard one mutter "women" before letting me in. I let it slide this time as I wanted to get to my mate and so didn't want to waste my time on those two goons. I checked my watch: 11:15pm. I only had 45 minutes to get to my mate before I turned back into a pumpkin (Figuratively speaking of course!) I attempted to walk with some form of grace despite these heels killing my feet! I was going to pay for that in the morning!

I finally reached the doors to the Grand Ball Room (I followed the conveniently place signs!) I took a deep breath and put my mask on so I wouldn't be recognised, (I know it's not a masquerade ball but there needs to be suspense!) I opened the door and it crashed into the wall with a BANG! I winced a little before strpping inside and looking around.

I saw all eyes on me that made me blush even more like a tomato. Suddenly, I could smell one of the most intoxicating scents I have ever smelled. It smelt like fresh air from the forest mixed with the sweet scent of lavender. (I love the smell of lavender!).

I looked in the direction of the scent and saw with total shock and horror that my mate was none other than the Alpha Frickin King! He looked so dashing in his suit that I couldn't look away even if I tried.

"Mate" I whispered softly.

Another update as I am trying really hard to keep positive considering my current situation!

I realise it is is a short chapter but the next chapter it all about their meeting. 

I am trying to make the chapters longer so please be patient.

Until next time folks!