Chapter 5

The next few days were spent sending invitations to all the Packs. The Royal party planner was running a marathon around the entire palace searching for the elusive King. Carla had short, blonde hair, a figure to die for and was as charming as a psychopath! She had an extremely unhealthy obsessed with the King and had been trying to get close to him for years but he was never interested. She tried everything to win him over, but she knew he was waiting for his true mate. How she wished it was her! She fantasised about him day and night and what their life would be like together if they were mates but alas! It was not meant to be but that did not mean, she was going to give up.

Little did she know, our elusive King was intentionally hiding from said party planner as he was fed up of her constant questions and flirting!

At this current moment, Grayson was hiding in his office, trying to get on top of paperwork of requests from members of his kingdom.

"Majesty!!" came a screeching voice from the doorway.

Grayson closed his eyes, hoping that when he opened them, it will all have been an illusion. He counted to 3 and opened his eyes and groaned. Unfortunately, this was no illusion. There stood Carla looking awfully dishevelled yet trying...and failing to look seductive. She walked towards him and sat on his lap, squeezing the life out of him!

"Your Majesty! We need a final decision on the menu, cake, decorations, goodie bags..." she said, her arms wrapped around his neck.

"Hold up! Goodie bags? What am I 5??" exclaimed Grayson standing straight up, glaring at the poor woman who landed flat on her backside.

"Majesty, your guests need something to take away as a reminder of the day." She replied timidly standing up immediately, suddenly finding the floor extremely interesting whilst rubbing her sore bottom.

Grayson closed his eyes again and pinched the bridge of his nose. He could feel a migraine coming on and knew he needed to get away from the place so he could calm down before he goes on the warpath.

"You know what? Just do what you think will be good. I need to go."

And with that, he brushed past her and left.

As soon as he got outside, he took a deep breath of fresh air before he walked behind a tree and stripped out of his clothes. He could hear the familiar cracking and popping of bones as he transformed into his wolf Adonis.

"Let's get out of here!" said Grayson.

"Let's go!" Came the strong, deep voice of his wolf Adonis.

And with that, he sprinted deep into the woods. Far away from the palace and the stress.

Adonis sprinted through the woods excited that he was finally free from the confines of the palace and the stress it brought with it. He went to the only place he knew nobody would find him. His sanctuary that he had since he was a mere pup.

He stopped by the river to quench his thirst before resting his weary head, listening the waterfall crashing into the rocks, the birds chirping merrily and feeling the sun's rays on his thick fur.

Suddenly, his ears picked up a sound and he could smell the beautiful scent of lavender and vanilla.

"Mate!" screamed Adonis and with that he got up to find the source of the beautiful scent.

He heard rustling in the trees and out walked the most beautiful shewolf he had ever seen. Her midnight fur glistening in the sunshine, her eyes as blue as the ocean. The Shewolf tilted her head to the side as if she was confused before approaching Adonis.

Yes people! Another chapter complete.

My imagination is flowing with so many ideas for this story, I was feeling generous enough to upload another chapter.

Positive and constructive feedback is most welcome. Let me know what you think of the story so far.

Until next time folks!