Chapter 14

Third person POV

Sophia and Grayson stood and stared at each other across the room. Everybody stopped and stared, wondering who this girl is that just walked in. The males wanted to be with her and the girls glared in jealousy at the girl who caught the attention of the Alpha King.

All of a sudden, Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran started playing. Grayson took that as a cue to approach the beauty before him and ask her to dance.

Sophia just stood frozen, unable to move, eyes locked onto her mate, watching him approach her. She wanted to turn around and run but it felt like her mate had cast a spell on her so she was unable to move.

Grayson stopped as soon as he reached her. Eyes still locked on her beauty.

"Mate" they both said simultaneously.

Sophia was the first to look away, down to the ground. Grayson lifted her chin to look at him.

"Never look down, you are too beautiful to be looking down." Came the husky voice of our resident Casanova. "Would you care to dance?" he said, holding out his hand for her to take.

Sophia looked at him in shock and horror! She did not think she would have to dance with the skyscraper heels already killing her feet, she didn't think she could take another step. An idea suddenly appeared in her head. She took off her shoes and tossed them to the side.

"I would love to." She replied with a smirk. And with that, she took his hand.

As soon as their hands connected, they both felt a jolt of electricity running through their bodies. They both knew they were destined mates. Grayson took her to the middle of the dancefloor whilst everybody carried on staring in awe, disgust, jealousy.

Sophia put her other hand on Grayson's shoulder whilst his other hand went straight to her waist. They danced slowly and stared at each other as if they were the only people in the room. Sophia rested her head on Grayson's shoulder and closed her eyes while Grayson led them around the dancefloor.

As soon as the song had finished, Grayson led Sophia out into the royal gardens. The trees were lit up in different coloured lights, making it a sight to behold. They both walked along the path, hands entwined.

"May I know about my mate and future Queen?" Grayson asked, breaking the silence

"What would you like to know Your Majesty?" Sophia replied.

Grayson stopped and stared at her. "You don't need to call me by my title, you are my equal. Please, call me Grayson."

Sophia blushed furiously and looked away. "Of course Grayson. I'll grant you 3 questions." She replied bashfully.

"That's better. How about your name?" he asked.

Sophia looked at him in panic. She did not want him to know that she was just a lowly omega. She was afraid that he would reject her.

"I'll keep that a mystery for now...I can't give too much away so quickly." she replied.

"Well answer me this, are you part of a pack?" he asked.

"Yes." She replied back.

"May I know which pack?" he asked.

"erm...not yet."

At this point Grayson was getting little frustrated but remained calm. He did not want to scare his mate away.

"Well, can you tell me how old you are?" he asked.

"Yes." She replied back confidently. "I'm 25. That's your 3 questions. Now it's my turn."

"Ask me anything. I'm an open book." He replied. "Unlike you." Came the voice of Grayson's wolf Adonis.

Sophia had a little think before asking her first question.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 29 years old."

"Why haven't you taken a Queen yet?"

"I've been waiting for you. I'm not in the business of having just anyone as my Queen. I put my full faith in the Moon Goddess and I'm glad I did." He replied smiling brightly.

This made Sophia blush even more. She thought hard for her final question.

"What does your ideal mate look like?"

"I'm looking right at her." He replied smoothly. "I have one more question for you."

"Go ahead." Said Sophia looking up at Grayson.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked unafraid of the consequences.

Sophia stared into his eyes in shock! Did he really ask for a kiss? She was more than ready to give him a kiss but she was so shy in that moment, no words came out of her mouth so she simply nodded.

Grayson moved closer and closer to Sophia and stopped as soon as their lips were close to touching. Sophia broke out of her trance and moved the rest of the way until their lips touched. It was the most sweetest kiss she had ever had, even though it was her first kiss ever. Grayson wrapped his arms around her waist and Sophia rested her head on Grayson's hard pecks. Neither of them wanted this moment to end.

Suddenly, the clock chimed 12. They broke the kiss and Sophia looked at Grayson shocked.

"I...I have to go! I'm sorry!" she said, running as fast as she could towards the limo. She ran through the ballroom and out the front entrance of the palace, into the limo and got all the way back to the Silver Moon Pack House. By the time she got out of the limo, she was back into her raggedy clothes and the black, stretch limo had disappeared.

Meanwhile, back at the palace, Grayson looked on dazed and confused, frozen on the spot. Suddenly realising his mate was getting away, he got out of his daze and ran as fast as he could to catch her before she disappeared forever. He reached the front entrance only to see a car race away. He sighed in defeat and went up to his room. He was done for the day and didn't want to see anyone.

He changed out of his formal clothes into his night clothes (Imagine what you want!) and fell into a fitful slumber.

Another chapter up!

A personal thanks to pattyofurniture for the lovely comment. Really made my day to know that you are enjoying the story so far! Much love!

So, what did you think about their first meeting? I can guarantee it will not be the last...

Until next time folks!