Chapter 24

Grayson POV

As I was listening to my mate tell me everything she had to endure in this pack, a whole lot was going around in my head. I felt sorry for my mate who had to endure so much, I was angry at this whole pack for treating her this way, angry that her Alpha had let be treated this way and determined that I will make an example of this pack.

I noticed my mate stop talking and look frightened. I was confused at first but then realised she must have noticed the anger on my face and I gave her a reassuring smile.

"I'm not mad at you my love, I am mad that Alpha Dan could let this happen to you and not do anything." I said to her, glaring at Alpha Dan.

"No! It's not his fault at all. He as been nothing but kind to me. He wasn't aware of anything that happened. It's not like I told him what was going on." she pleaded with me.

I looked back at her. "Even so, as Alpha he should know everything that is going on. That isn't a good excuse. He will have to face the consequences."

Sophia looked at me like I had told her some devastating news.

"No! Please! Don't punish Alpha Dan, he couldn't have done anything. Nobody can know what is going on all the time. Please!" She pleaded with me.

I couldn't believe my mate already had me wrapped around her little finger but I didn't care, I had finally found my soulmate and I will do anything to make her happy.

"Fine, but I will make an example of this pack." I told her. I turned to Alpha Dan. "Set up a meeting with the whole pack immediately. Don't tell them I have ordered this."

Alpha Dan simply nodded before he mindlinked the whole pack.

"It's done." He said.

I nodded at him before taking my mate's hand and leading her out of the office.

Sophia POV

I was relieved that he wasn't punishing Alpha Dan but also really confused by what he meant by making an example of the pack. He took my hand and led me out of the office. Where were we going? I stopped and so did he.

"What's wrong?" he asked, looking at me concerned, putting his hand on my cheek affectionately.

I looked into his eyes and knew he wouldn't hurt me but at the same time, I needed to know one thing.

"Your Majesty, what do you mean by making an example of the pack?" I asked him quietly but I knew he heard.

"First of all, I am your mate so no need for the formalities. Call me Gray. Second, this pack has treated their Queen with such disrespect. They need to know that this kind of behaviour is not accepted and there will be severe punishments." He said to me.

"But they weren't to know that I'm your mate. I didn't even know I was your mate. I am the Omega of this pack, Omegas are treated in this way. It is normal because we are the lowest rank of the pack." I explained to him, hoping he would understand.

He simply shook his head. "Listen here, no matter what rank you are in the pack, you are still a member of the pack and should be treated as such. The members of this pack seems to have forgotten this and need a harsh reminder."

With that, he grabbed my hand and led me outside to the meeting area of the pack. The whole pack was in attendance and I felt a bad feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. I didn't know what was going to happen, but I know it was not going to be good. I kept my head down, not wanting to look at the members of the pack glaring at me as we walked through the crowd up to the stage.