chapter VIII

Lange POV

The earth was dark through the misapprehension of them. That the gloomy shadows might be lightened. The deceptive power was to be broken.

After talking to Mrs Huddleston about the new development, I rush back to school for my next class.
When I get there, I see that bastard Conrad ogling at my soul mate while having Amber flush against him.

The night people have just dug up an old prophecy, indicating the end of the Millennium.  And the chaos that's bound to happen if the four wild powers are not found. The night people will be wiped out both in the mortal world and the night world.

Circle daybreak is in a hurry to find the wild powers as well to secure themselves at the end of the Millennium.

" so is every body ready for your pop quiz?"  Mr Marsei asks the class.  Earning groans from everyone because his tests could make you want to commit suicide.

Sometime after I sit down, Genesis walks in, her face expressionless but her eyes speaking volumes. She walks directly to were I'm seated.
Suddenly, my heart was beating far too quickly. I have to say something, I think, trying to keep my face impassive.
She leaned forward and put her hand on my forearm. She didn't even seem to know she was doing it.  Her expression abstracted now, her eyes fixed on mine.
Her hand was warm, tingles spread from the place where she touched my skin.
" hey... about before.. can we talk about it later today?" She asks quietly.  My throat is dry and my mind humming blank. All i can clearly feel is the place where her hand was touching. All I can see clearly are her eyes. The deepest emerald beautifully contrasting with her porcelain skin.

" Lange.." she says for the second time.
And I realize that the silver thread between us hadn't been broken. That it might be stretched almost into invisibility, but it was still there, still pulling, trying to make my body go weak and my vision blur. Trying to make me fall toward Genesis even as she was falling toward me.

And then came a sound faintly screaming at me.
" Mr Thorpe, Miss Malloy, would you mind?" Mr Marsei asks looking at us in the oddest way.
Genesis jerked around at the noise. The connection between me and her was disrupted, although I could feel the faint echos of the silver thread, like a guitar string vibrating after it was strummed.