chapter XI

Genesis

" she is an abomination!" I hear an elderly woman's voice shriek in my numb state.

" I have to inform the circle about this. A vampire in my school, in my house!"
" you very well know the history of these creatures!" She says creatures with disgust.

"But there's nothing wrong she's done,  no damage has been done." I hear langes voice.  The the memories come flooding back in flashes behind my eyes.
Me pining poor Archer to the ground, me being pushed off him, me drinking that intoxicating liquid, blood.

" she is unholy! She cannot be baptised. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do for you or her."

I jolt upwards abruptly, I sit up for what feels like forever and the room is quiet, the conversation ended.

" what happened to me?" I finally ask, directing the question to no one on particular.
Mrs Huddleston quietly excuses herself and leaves the room we are in, leaving Lange and I alone.

"I didn't know." Lange says quietly
" didn't know what?" I ask in confusion.
" you... you are , you're a va-"
" vampire." I interrupt him.
" I'm half vampire and half-human."

He stays quiet and strides to the window.
" how did I get here?" I ask after some time.
" I carried you here." He says an turns to face me.
" I'm scared." I say in a whisper.
" I can't believe I hurt Archer, I don't know what took over me, i- I felt a sudden uncontrollable impulse to bite him, where is he?" I ask getting up.

" you didn't hurt him."
" then whose blood did-"

" mine." He says.
" I'm so sorry, it's never happened to me before, I'm  so very sorry." I say completely exasperated and confused.
" it's not your fault Genesis" he says and moves closer, reaching to touch my cheek. But I move back, Scared the blood lust might return.
" what's wrong?" He asks confused.

" I don't want to bite you, I don't want to hurt you," I say, moving back to the couch I was lying on and grabbing my school blazer.
I search for an exit with my eyes and when I see the door, I grab the handle to leave.
" Genesis." He says seething.
I grab the handle, open the door and walk away as fast as I can. I need to talk to my mom.

" Hello sweetheart, you'll feeling better already? I was just about to bring you some hot soup." Miss Mara says as I get into the kitchen. Concern etched on her face.

" Thank you, could you help me with something," I ask.
" Anything dear, sit down."
" where can I find a phone?"

" uhm, the telephone has been broken for sometime now, but you could use mine," she offers, handing me her tiny iPhone 5.
" thank you so much! I'll bring it back in five minutes."
" don't worry dear, just make sure nobody sees you, especially Mrs Huddleston. "

" hello? This is Linda speaking, who I'm I talking to?" My mom's voice rings out of the phone in her usual cheer, bringing terrible nostalgic feelings in my gut.
" mom."
" Genesis! Sweetheart, how are you? How's boarding school going? Made any friends yet? " she fires me in one breath."
" I want to come home," I say, choking back tears.
" what happened baby? Why are you crying, tell me." She says, the cheer in her voice disappearing.
" can you pick me up tomorrow, I'll tell you everything then. It's very serious." I say in a tight voice."
" I'll be there first thing in the morning, let me just call your principle okay? Don't worry you'll be fine honey." She says softly.
" bye mom, I have to go, see you tomorrow. " I say cutting the line before she says anything else.

" hello Genesis." Someone says against my neck.
" Conrad."