13

Noya got more pissed by the second. Shoyo started out by telling him that he wasn't allowed to eat at home, which Noya had already figure out. He told him that his grades had to stay above a certain point, lest he be beaten.

Shoyo wasn't allowed to talk about having a crush on anyone, and his father had already picked a wife for him. He told Noya that his father raped him after finding out that he was gay. He told Noya that his father threatened to kill Natsu if anyone found out about any of this.

Plates were thrown, full of food, at his mother. Several vacuum cleaners were broken after being thrown. Shoyo protected Natsu as well as he could, but he wasn't always there. He fought his father more than once, losing and being raped after each time, all because he was protecting Natsu. He was hit, kicked, punched, and slammed against walls.

Shoyo started to cry when he told Noya that even his mother joined in sometimes. That he could see the pain in her eyes as she hit him, that he knew that she wanted no part of it. He told Noya that the smell of liquor makes him want to claw his way out of his own body, that hospitals don't feel safe anymore because they always sent him back there.

Noya's eyes were red and puffy, tears streaming down his face. He looked horrified. Disgusted. But Shoyo knew that if he didn't finish telling him now, there was a chance that he never would.

So he told Nishinoya about his ex, how he assaulted him. How he was pretty much his father, and ten years older than him. He told Noya that he started cutting when he was just nine years old, and how his father did it to him since he 'seems to enjoy it.' He told Noya that he eats to the point of vomiting because he isn't allowed to die. He told Noya about his dozens of attempts on his own life. How volleyball, however cliché, was one of the two things keeping him alive (the other was Natsu).

Shoyo kept talking and talking and talking, to the point that his voice became hoarse no matter how much tea he drank. He was shaking by the time he was done explaining, and Noya looked so heartbroken.

"I understand. Thank you for telling me, Sho."

Shoyo's eyes widened a little at the use of the nickname. Only Kenma called him Sho, and not even Kenma knows all of this. He just knows about the ex.

Shoyo nodded, and the silence afterwards grew deafening.

"Do you want to hang out with Kenma? Maybe Asahi or Kags?"

Shoyo thought for a second. Who did he want to spend time with? Only one name popped in his mind.

"Can we call Yams?"