The Ceremony

"Hello, My name is Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

We start walking up the big stairs, to meet a tall, slender old woman in an emerald green cloak and a black crooked hat.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now in a few moments, you will pass through these doors, and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. There is Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you are here your houses will be your home-"

I tried to listen to the old woman but I completely lost all sense of hearing when the thought of being sorted in just a few minutes occurred.

"I hope I get Slytherin if I don't my mum is sure to kill me." 

A girl with straight ash blonde hair and hazel green eyes-almost the same as mine- speaks to a few other students around her, 

"I don't even know what house I'll be sorted into."  I say to her with a light smile.

"What were your parents sorted into?"

"Ravenclaw and Slytherin."

"Oh, those are both great ones to be in, best of luck to you."

"Thanks" 

I nod and give her a grateful smile when all of a sudden we both hear a boy start walking to the front towards another boy, I, unfortunately, couldn't get a good look at either of them, since several other kids were in front of me, the girl and I both try standing on our tiptoes but it was no use.

"Can you see anything?" 

The girl asks while still struggling,

"Nothing." 

We both give up

"Well my name is Daphne Greengrass, and your name?" 

She reaches out her hand for me to shake it I finally take a good look at her, and she is very beautiful she has super soft skin it looks like vanilla ice cream, and her posture is nearly perfect, she seems like she grooms very well. 

I shake her hand back straightening out my back as now I am self-conscious,

"Soren Robin please to meet you." 

I say trying to sound proper, she looks as though she is about to laugh when she hears me try terribly to sound like a proper person. I blush to hide my complete embarrassment, we hear the doors open to see the professor again come out and say with her soothing voice

"Were ready for you, follow me." 

We all follow her through the doors I see long marrow tables of all older students watching us walk down the line of all the other years on each side. I turn to my right and see my brother and his friends they all give a thumbs up while Rubia mouths.

  "You will do great,"

I smile it felt nice to have people encourage me. We all stop when we come to the front I poke my head up over all the other first-years to see a hat a lot like the witch except it is brown and seems to have somewhat of a face in the creases. I then remember the stories Anthony told me about how he was chosen for his house that this is how we will be sorted. 

I and Daphne both look at each other quite nervous about the whole thing. I look over to the lady speaking again but this time a bit louder so everyone in the room can hear her.