The Goodbyes and a Kiss

"I let go of his hands pull his shirt down to me and kiss him."

It's been two weeks now since Christmas break and everyone is ready for exams to be over. For us first years, we have it easy, while in the other years it looks stressful.

I haven't been able to talk or almost even see Anthony and his friends, I saw Puis walk down the hallway but he couldn't talk because he was late to study hall. Even Cedric is crammed I tried waving hi at dinner time but his nose was in a book I believe it was about Divination but I wasn't too sure.

I would love to take Divination but I can't until the third year. So far I've only been able to hang out with Daphne and the rest of the Slytherin house, and Hermione of course. She's been a big help when it comes to the exams, I invited her over to my dorm to help me with Potions, but of course Pansy and Daphne were being rude.

"Oh my god her hair, has she heard of a brush." I heard Pansy whisper to Daphne.

"Honestly she even smells like a rotten mudblood." They both laugh trying to contain it but I can tell Hermione is hearing every word.

I can't hold in my anger anymore even though one of them is my friend I won't let that stop me from defending Hermione. As I stand up I can tell Hermione already knows what I'm gonna do, but before she could stop me I'm already off the floor we were laying on and now walking over to the girls sprawled out on Pansy's bed.

"Do you guys have nothing better to do than bother me and Granger, were trying to study since we actually care about our grades unlike you two who think being pretty will get you everywhere. Well... one of you anyways." I finish off by looking at Pansy making sure she knows I called her a gross pig.

She gasps dramatically and walks out without another word from her pruned face. I look back to Daphne I could tell she was hurt but I said what needed to be said. I turn back around and sit on the floor continuing to write down ingredients for a Potion. I feel Hermione grab the hand I was writing with and say 'Thank you' in one soft breath. I nod my head in response still fuming over the interaction, I then hear the door slam and without looking behind me I know it was Daphne.

<><><>

There are only two weeks left of school and exams are already done. Daphne and I haven't said a lot recently which is a little painful but now that Anthony, Cedric, and everyone else isn't going mad about the exams I can finally have some friends to talk to. I tried to hang out with Malfoy and his friends but the only one I could tolerate was Blaise after Draco told his little gang we were friends now they got bored of picking on me, and whenever they tired I always had something to say back.

Cedric managed to sneak me into Hogsmeade using this parchment paper called The Mauraders Map, it shows how to sneak throughout the castle and where certain secret doors are that lead to places, like Hogsmeade for example. I wanted to keep it but it belongs to Fred and George Weasley, or they found it first. Cedric was kind enough to get me, sweets from HoneyDukes, we started talking about next year and how much fun we'll have.

"You should join the quidditch team!" His eyes lit up with the idea.

"Cedric you know I would just fall on my face plus I would much rather watch you guys." I put down his hand that was up from his excitement.

"I guess I do love seeing your face cheering me on." He smiles and continues walking out of the shop with a bag of candy.

I blush and try my best to hide my grinning face.

"We should head back soon before it gets dark." He points toward the direction leading back to Hogwarts.

I nodded as we both walk together happy about the day we spent.