The Diggory House

"Just like that, we were almost flying as if we were in a tornado. Twirling and spinning in all different directions it was a bad upside-down ride that felt it would never stop."

"I can't believe it! You are leaving me for a whole two weeks!" Daphne frowns behind me while I finish packing all my clothes in my brown and gold leather suitcase.

"Technically you are leaving me as well. Your family is vacationing in America."

"Oh come on I would turn over that star-spangled banner for you any day."

I turn and hug her and we both smile into each other's shoulder.

Daphne was leaving one day after me so she helps me carry my luggage to the great hall hallway where Anthony and Cedric are supposed to meet me. We arrive at the hallway where I see a familiar girl with puffy brown hair.

"Hermione?" She turns around to my question, with a smile.

"Hello, Soren! Are you going to your families for winter break as well?" She asks noticing my luggage.

"Yes, well I'm going to Cedric Diggory's family house but my parents will be there."

"Oh, how exciting! Well, I need to get going my mother and father will be expecting me soon. Goodbye, take care."

I wave goodbye as she walks off, I turn to Daphne who has a smug look on her face.

"What?" I set my bags down staring at her confused.

"She's a bit of a prude you know. That Granger, also she's a mudblood! I mean that's just wrong to have mudbloods at Hogwarts."

I was shocked. Daphne was the sweetest person I know and to hear those words exit her mouth like they were nothing made me somewhat sick. I almost said something but since I was about to leave I didn't feel like saying goodbye to her with a fight.

"You should go I can stay and wait for the boys they should arrive in a few minutes." I smile shaking off her words from before.

"Oh um okay well did you pack everything? Wand? Books? Hairbrush?"

"Yes, Yes, and Yes."

"Good! Oh, I almost forgot!" she gasps dramatically.

Daphne hands me a box that is perfectly wrapped will a crisp green wax stamp in the middle.

"It's your Christmas present so don't open it till Christmas!" She waves her finger in my face while giggling.

"Daphne you didn't have to get me anything. I feel bad now I don't have a present for you!" I tuck the box delicately in my bag where I had just the perfect amount of room.

"Don't be silly Soren I didn't give you a present and expect anything in return. But when you return I will accept your pumpkin pasties at dinner anytime."

We both laugh and she hugs me tightly before saying goodbye and skipping back into the direction of the Slytherin common room.

I wait just a few more minutes waving hi to a few other students as they pass by.

"BOO!" I hear a voice crack in my ear making me yelp and jump.

I turn to see Anthony almost falling on the floor from his own stupid laughter.

"You-should have seen your face!" He says in between laughs.

After rolling my eyes I see Cedric coming up from behind Anthony he was wearing a faded blue and cream-brownish Christmas sweater, with brown pants and dirty white converse. He looked quite festive and it was one of the only times I didn't see him wear either his uniform or an ounce of yellow in his clothing.