prologue

third person's pov:

"Grandma let's go get ice cream!" the ten year old you spoke.

"Y/n you know your grandma can't eat ice cream." your mother says while gently pushing the wheelchair that your grandma was sitting in.

"it's okay Kaya let the child decide." your grandma said with a smile.

"oh okay but try not to eat a lot." Kaya says and they head to the ice cream stand.

The Stilton family went out to celebrate Y/n's tenth birthday. Kaya (y/n's mom) wanted to stay home and order cake and other food but grandma Lin wanted for Y/n to go out.

When sun was setting they decided to go back home. Kaya wheeled grandma Lin inside the house and helped her lay down on her bed.

"Y/n did you brush your teeth?" Kaya asked as she entered your room.

"Yes mom." Y/n replied and tucked herself in bed. Kaya smiled at her daughter and sat down on her bed.

"Goodnight Y/n." Kaya said and kissed Y/n's forehead. She stood up and walked towards the door.

"Mom?" Y/n called and Kaya stopped in her tracks as she turned around.

"When is dad coming home?" Y/n asked and Kaya smiled sadly. "He's still in work, but he'll be coming home soon." Kaya said and Y/n smiled.

"Goodnight mom."

"Goodnight sweetie."

---
one week later..

Kaya was sitting down on the balcony with a cup of coffee in her hand. She has her arm resting on the table with a book in hand.

*ding dong*

Kaya looked away from her book and stared at the morning sun. Sighing, she closed her book and put down her cup of coffee.

Kaya sat up and went downstairs.

*ding dong*

"Coming!" Kaya opens the door and smiled. "Good morning sir." she greeted.

"Good morning Kaya! I've got a special mail for you." The mailman said and handed her a small envelope.

"What's this?" Kaya asked and gladly took the envelope. "A letter from Mr. Yuwei." The mailman said and winked playfully.

Kaya's eyes widen and smiled widely.

"I hope you get good news!" The mailman says and leaves the place.

Kaya closed the door and looked at the envelope. She took a deep breath and sat down on the couch.

She opens the envelope and started to read.

"Dear Kaya Y/n and Mom,

I'm very excited to tell you something but before that I wanna tell you the adventure I had at the military. I worked hard and chief was pleased that I improved and worked hard.

Anyways I'm so excited to finally be with you again because I'm finally going home! I miss you so much Kaya and mom and of course Y/n! You guys mean the world to me. I'm coming home in three days and I hope your waiting! Love you guys so much!

Yours truly,
Varrick Stilton"

Kaya sat there with tears in her eyes and didn't notice that Y/n was watching from afar.