↳ Castle J - Secret Hideout

"Everybody, find a partner of the opposite gender

"Everybody, find a partner of the opposite gender." The instructor said as she enter the practice room.

The two hundred students of the dance camp were divided into four classes. We attend different classes of different dance genres on top of other activities. This is my first class, hip hop. While I understand dances are very diverse, I don't get why we have to partner up right away in this class.

The others are already pairing up around me and I stood there, not knowing what to do. Being the new girl comes with the disadvantage of not knowing anyone yet, especially from the guys. Well, I've met two of the five dance princes, Song Minjae and Noh Huijun. I doubt any of them would like to be my partner, anyway. Even when Huijun praised me last night on our little encounter. And he isn't in this class; so are the other princes.

Aecha, my roommate, already has a partner. Before I could go over to her and ask if she knows anyone I could pair up with, the door burst open. We all looked over to see a panting guy with a bed head. There were a few giggles from the class and the guy just gave an embarrassed smile like this happen often. It's kinda cute.

"Nice of you to make it, Son Seongjun. Get in and find yourself a partner." The instructor said, unfazed. I guess being one of the best dancers doesn't get you in trouble for being late, even when tardiness is a serious offense in this camp.

"Anyone who doesn't have a partner yet?" Seongjun yelled to the class with one arm raised, to the surprise of everyone. For a few seconds, there were silence and I can't tell from the expression of the girls whether they regret or are relieved that they already have a partner. "No one?"

I didn't even realized Aecha was beside me when she raised my arm. I pulled it down right away but not before everyone saw. I glared at her but she grinned and mouthed "You're welcome" before going back to her partner.

"There you go." The instructor said. "Now put yourselves into position and warm up."

"Hi." Seongjun greeted. "I'm Seongjun. How come I've never seen you before?"

"I'm new." I said. How come everybody points out that I'm new? I proceeded with my stretching.

Beside me, he did the same. "That explains it. I know everyone around here. I've been going to this camp for six years"

"Really?" I shot him a glance.

"Yeah. It's great to have new people around once in a while." He winked. He. Actually. Freaking. Winked. At. Me. "I'm sorry, what's your name again?"

"I'm Haewon." I said. Somehow I found myself unable to utter more than a couple of words to him. He kept looking at me like I'm a fascinating new specie.

"So Haewon," He began again. I tried doing stretches that requires me to face away from him. Why is he so chatty? I kept being reminded of yesterday when Aecha and I saw him during his solitary escapade around the woods, away from the camp. "...two weeks, maybe we could make some time to practice?"