↳ Minjae - Gazebo

All two-hundred students gathered around the dance off platform that first Sunday in dance camp as, one by one, people volunteer to challenge one of the other students

All two-hundred students gathered around the dance off platform that first Sunday in dance camp as, one by one, people volunteer to challenge one of the other students. They do this every Sunday since a few years ago. It's totally out of the camp's official activities so it isn't really mandatory but it seems to be the most anticipated event considering everyone is here. And, since I'm new this year, I find it fascinating that they are able to hold a big activity like this without the instructors.

Every battle is consist of two people and each of them take turns to dance in the middle of the platform. The rest of us watch and when the music is over, the person with the loudest cheer from the crowd wins. There's no price, just the contentment of being triumphant against their competitor is enough to keep them going.

Whatever the genre is, everyone is really good that, most of the time, I don't even know who to cheer on. Aecha fills me in on each student's background and why they challenge certain people. Some rivalries have been going on for years and it's amazing how they just keep the battle on the dance floor.

"Who's next?" Seongjun, one of the princes, shouted. The five princes, the best dancers in camp, stood just outside the platform. They had the best view of each battle and they basically run this event every week.

Someone stepped forward, a tall guy. Everybody went quiet, even Aecha. The princes looked like they'd expected him to be next. I'd like to know what's the deal with him but Aecha isn't saying anything unlike what she did with the other challengers. I looked at the guy. His face is covered with his white ball cap so I can't say if I already saw him before.

"Song Minjae." He said. Nobody seemed surprised by his choice of opponent. I didn't know we could even challenge a prince.

Minjae calmly went to the middle of the platform and began shaking his shoulders like he's about to do boxing, not a dance battle. "Hyung, you sound confident this time." He told the guy, smiling like he's glad he'd be able to dance.

"You know I'll keep doing this until you lose." The guy said with a friendly grin. He stepped closer to Minjae and the height difference isn't that significant. Minjae is just slightly shorter. Their built is almost the same. If this is really a boxing match, you won't know who'll win. But it's a dance battle and he just freaking challenged a dance prince.

"Let's get this over with." Minjae said. "You choose the song, as always."

He gestured to the person in charge of the music and a powerful song started booming through the speakers. I don't know what song it is but the beat is so fast that just listening to it already makes me exhausted. I wonder how they'll dance to it. And I wonder how good this person is to be challenging one of the best. My heart pounded in anticipation.

Minjae grinned as both of their bodies warm up. "You're really going too far today, hyung. You first."

Without saying anything, the guy started moving to the beat. I'd think it's impossible for his body proportion to move like that. His tall figure could've looked awkward for fast choreographies, but he did every step so perfectly that I'm surprised why he's not one of the princes himself. He's far better than the ones who performed earlier. And I thought those guys were already really great.