Chapter Nineteen

"Three moons," Soaren muttered, staring blankly at the battling animus dragons.

Turtle's an animus? But how?

The green SeaWing battled with worry in his eyes. So did Aqua, Soaren had realised.

With both of the SeaWing's magic combined, they were able to pin the SandWing down to the ground.

Sahara kept struggling and trying to cast spells to make them stop, but it didn't work.

"Curse you animus wrecks!" She hissed furiously, lashing herself around and flicking her dangerous tail barb at the SeaWings, imagining her tail barb piercing into each of their hearts.

"You'll lose your soul if you keep casting spells," Turtle panted. He turned his head and saw Glory, Deathbringer and Soaren standing there and looking at him. "Oh.  Hello."

Glory regarded Turtle for a moment, then walked regally to the pinned SandWing with Deathbringer following on behind his queen.

Soaren ran towards Aqua and Turtle (but mostly Aqua) and winced at the bleeding wounds on her right shoulder.

"Ow," he said. "That must really hurt."

Aqua shrugged, but whimpered at the pain. "I-it's nothing. I've been in fights worse than this." Her face darkened.

"But if I cast one more spell, I'll lose my soul and go insane. Like what happened with our prince generations ago."

Glory flared her wings. "Sahara of the SandWings, you are under arrest for murder and attempted murder."

"Well, there is a way to protect your soul..." Turtle fiddled with his claws nervously.

Aqua snorted, her gem glowing a vibrant green.

"I highly doubt that,"

She kicked some sand with her talons, not knowing that there was a small hermit crab there and was now flying a few centimetres in the air.

"I promise this will work," Turtle said. "But I need to know if I can trust you for this."

The light blue SeaWing tilted her head at him curiously. "And I need to know what you're going to do or if I can trust you to do it properly and not lie to me."

The green dragon sighed with an eye roll.

"I'm going to store your soul in an object, so it can be kept safe at all times. You can use as much of your magic as you want, and your soul can still be undamaged. It's..." he trailed off for a moment.

"It's what Darkstalker did."

Aqua's impassive expression told Soaren that she didn't know what to say to that. Sure, her soul would be safe and she could cast as many spells as she wanted and not turn. However, she might become greedy and use her powers for bad purposes which is equally as terrible as losing her soul.

"I'm not going to let myself be arrested by some lazy RainWing!" Sahara spat at Glory's talons.

"I..." Aqua thought hesitantly. "I want my soul to be safe and all, but having infinite animus powers? Isn't that too greedy?"

"I can enchant all your magic to be put into the object along with your soul, if you want." Turtle explained. "That way you can only use your magic if you're holding the object."

Aqua inhaled widely and said courageously. "Okay, then,"

The green SeaWing nodded understandingly. "What object would you like me to enchant?"

She stayed silent and looked around shyly. "Um..."

She looked at Soaren with her emerald eyes and answered to Turtle, "The shell."

Soaren blinked, but handed her the enchanted shell.

"There's been a spell put on it though," the SkyWing shrugged.

Aqua passed the shell to Turtle. "That's fine," he said.

He cleared his throat and thought of the exact words to say, "Enchant this shell so that it will store all of Aqua's animus magic and soul, but will still be able to use her magic when she holds it."

Silence.

"Did it work?" Soaren asked.

The light blue SeaWing shrugged as she tilted her head.

"I'll try. Enchant this dragon so that when he says 'um' he will turn blue."

"Um..." Soaren mumbled, not sure this was the best way to test it. He certainly did not want his scales turning blue.

Nothing happened.

"So it worked!" Turtle exclaimed victoriously.

"Did you just call me lazy?" Glory snarled at the SandWing. "THAT'S IT. DEATHBRINGER!"

Her bodyguard jolted awake with, "Hmmm? Yes, my queen?"

"ARREST HER THIS INSTANT."

"Yes ma'am."

Deathbringer brought out some vines and stretched it out in front of him. He then wrapped the vines around Sahara.

But before he could clamp her jaw shut, she casted one more spell.

"Enchant the gem on Aqua's neck to undo all spells put upon it!"

The blue SeaWing gasped as a flash of light shone around her necklace.

The string that tied it came off as the stone dropped to the sand.

But that wasn't it.

A loud hum started coming from the gem, then another flash of light flared and nearly blinded everyone.

When the light faded, Sahara grinned.

Glory and Deathbringer were utterly shocked.

Aqua gasped

Turtle was confused.

Soaren looked startled.

The glowing gem was gone.

And in its place, was the missing dreamvisitor.

Dragonets, please re-read chapter Twelve. Since the chapter twelve you read was actually chapter Thirteen. The author got confused and called two chapters 'Chapter Twelve' so I've tried to fix it up.

-BookDragon

-848 Words