Nikki

Age 20

Today has been such a mess.
I was woken up by my alarm clock, as usual, the sound beeping extremely loudly on repeat until I managed to get the strength to lift my arm up from underneath my covers and turn it off. I slowly opened my eyes, only to be greeted by what I can only explain as being one of the worst headaches that I've ever had in my life.
I lay in bed for about another ten minutes before I decided to get out of bed so that I could make myself breakfast and try to do something about my headache.
I made myself a bowl of cereal and had a cup of tea. Well, I actually managed to have only sip of my tea, before dropping my cup, causing it to shatter and spilling the tea all over the floor. My headache refused to leave, and only got worse as I cleaned the mess up. Why did I have to end up being home alone on a day filled with so much bad luck?
Usually, Chloe and Zoey would be here and at least make this day a bit more bearable.
But unfortunately, Chloe was gone to visit her grandparents and Zoey was at a lecture, so I was the only person at the apartment that we decided to rent together for college.
It wasn't a big apartment as rent is expensive, even when there's three people paying it, but it was a good enough place to live in for us.

After cleaning up, I decided to just try and go back to sleep. I had no classes for today, so I could just relax and hope that this headache would go away. But it didn't.
I would've taken a painkiller, but we had none, and I was barely capable of standing up from the pain, let alone going to the store to get medicine, so I texted Zoey to buy some painkillers on her way back from her lecture. There weren't really many things that I could do in this condition, so I went back to bed. I tossed and turned for about an hour, until finally I managed to fall asleep.

I thought that I had only been asleep for about half an hour, when I was woken up by Zoey. "You've been asleep for five hours", she informed me, sounding worried. "What?" I asked in disbelief, "I was only going to take a nap!"
I then looked at Zoey's expression, she looked very panicked.
"Zoey, is something wrong? You look like you've just seen a ghost, or maybe even two or three", I said.
"Well", Zoey replied, "I may or may not have had accidentally set the on fire."

At least my headache was no longer there.