Marcus

Age 26

Chloe is really sick. She's in her last month of pregnancy and the doctors have put her on bed rest. It's a very complicated situation.
They might end up having to perform a C-section if things don't get better within the next week, which definitely wasn't our initial plan - but we'll do anything it takes to make sure that our baby (our first baby!) comes into this world as safely as possible.

On one hand, I can't believe that I'm going to be a father soon and I'm so excited to meet our little baby, but on the other hand, it's just so horrible seeing Chloe suffering so much and knowing that I can't do anything much about it.
Sure, I make her food, massage her back when it hurts, help her wash, change clothes and go to the bathroom - but that's about all that I can do.

I feel so useless when she's in pain or when she's throwing up (which is most of the time except when she falls asleep, which is also very difficult for her to do).
I wish that I could be the one going through this instead of her because there is nothing in this world that hurts me more than seeing Chloe suffer.
I just hope that all of this will be over as soon as possible so that I can see Chloe being the cheerful and loving person that she is again, and so that we can both meet this baby that we have both been waiting so long for.