Brianna

Age 23

Oliver proposed to me today. It really wasn't a very typical proposal.
Actually, it wasn't a typical proposal at all.
We were just cuddling on the couch, watching some documentary about zebras or something, when he just randomly asked me to marry him.
He literally simply turned around to look at me and said, "Bri, I want to marry you. Will you marry me?"
At first I was a bit caught off-guard, because, you know, you don't really expect to get proposed to while watching an animal documentary, but course I said yes. Then he gave me a kiss and and we went back to watching our documentary.

Actually, now that I think about it, the documentary was about lions, not zebras.
The zebras were only there because the lions were trying to hunt them. The zebras were faster though and they managed to get away from the lions before they became the lions' dinner.

Anyways, I'm sorry, I got a bit off topic by talking about the documentary that we were watching together.
Oliver's proposal may have been the most casual and random proposal I have ever seen or heard of in my life, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Both Oliver and I aren't too fond of excessive and lavish things anyways. I probably would've proposed the same exact way to be honest, but he just somehow managed to beat me to it and proposed to me first.
To put it simply, we're very laid back about pretty much everything. Neither of us need the other one to express their love for the other in extravagant ways. He just knows without a doubt that I love him and I know without a doubt that he loves me.
It has always been that way and it always will. And that's honestly good enough for the two of us. I wouldn't change it for the world.