Felicity

Age 18

Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice by not going to college.
Both of my sisters went and they seem to be really enjoying it.
It makes me feel left out sometimes. I've never felt more distant from them in my entire life than I do now.
It's not like I couldn't have gone to college - I did pretty well in school, but I just didn't feel ready for college yet. I don't know what I want to do with my life to be honest.
Isn't it ridiculous that at such a young age, we are expected to know what we want to do for the rest of our lives? I think it is.

Right now I'm just working full time at a restaurant while also helping my parents out at Fuzzy Friends. But if there's one thing that spending most of my life at the animal shelter has thought me, it's that it's not work that I want to do for the rest of my life, as much as I do love animals.
Taking care of animals is actually Faith's thing - she's studying to become a vet and following in our parents footsteps.
Flora on the other hand, is studying accounting. Maths has always been her strong point, and she did my maths homework for me more than once in highschool. Not because I forced her to, but because when I would simply ask her for help she would sometimes forget that it was my homework and not hers, and she would just start doing the entire thing. I never complained, obviously.

And then there's me. I don't know what I like to do.
I guess that I like to go on hikes on my own, while listening to music.
I like listening to the sound of rain at night.
I like playing cards with dad, and I like watching mom when she draws and hums softly  to herself (she has always loved drawing, and she's really good at it too).
I like making Faith and Flora laugh.
I like watching really old kids' TV shows and I like pressing flowers in between the pages of books.

All of those things that I like, and not a single one answers my question of what I'm going to do with my life.
I hate (and hate is a very strong word) that even though I'm aware that it's ridiculous to expect myself to know the answer at age 18, I still put pressure on myself to find it.
I don't need to know. I'm fine.
Working at the restaurant doesn't pay too badly, and I suppose that it's not a horrible job. I have good parents who support me, and two sisters who always have my back.
It's all okay. I don't need to know right now.
I'm fine where I am right now.