Brandon

High School, Senior Year

Prom is coming up in a two months and I still haven't asked Nikki to go with me.
I mean, I know that we've been dating for a few years now, but I still want to make my promposal as special as possible. I just don't know how to do that. There are so many ways that I could ask her. I could buy her a bouquet of flowers and ask her in school like Marcus asked Chloe, or I could surprise her at her house with a sign saying "Will you go to prom with me?" like Theo did to Zoey. But all of those things have already been done, and I want to do something really different for Nikki. Maybe I'm thinking too much about this.

"Brandon, Nikki's here!" my grandma called from downstairs.
I quickly ran down the stairs and saw Nikki standing in the doorway. She was holding a picnic basket in one hand and a blanket in the other.
"Hi Nikki", I said as I pulled her into a hug.
"Guess what?" she asked, "I'm taking you on a picnic."
"Is this a surprise date?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow.
"Well it wouldn't be a surprise if you answered your phone. I texted you a few hours ago."
"Right, sorry. I was busy writing."
"About how much you love me?"
I smiled. She's so cute. "Of course. And that English essay that's due in on Monday."
"In that case I forgive you", she grinned, "let's go."
I put on my shoes and a jacket and we left the house. We walked down to the park - one of our favorite places to go on dates. We lay out the blanket and the food that Nikki had brought with her.
"Brandon", Nikki said as we sat down to eat.
"Yes?"
"Will you go to prom with me?"