My zombie savior... wait, what

Virgil sighed in relief as the human finally left the pharmacy. He stayed inside for a while as a few gunshots fired, but came out when they stopped. Maybe the human was gone? He went outside and saw the human passed out on the ground. He had killed the zombies, so none were trying to eat him. Virgil probably could’ve, but he hated eating human meat. The first time he tried it, it was disgusting and it felt like cannibalism! So instead of eating the unconscious human, he picked him up along with a bag that was lying next to him.

He carried him all the way to his home in the woods where there were less zombies and laid him on an old couch. He looked in the bag and pulled out a first aid kit and started to fix his leg. He had no idea what he was doing. Why was he helping a human? They killed zombies! And if Virgil was out there with his kind, they would kill him. Finally, after cleaning the man’s wound, he looked at him as a whole. And the first thing he noticed was the large shotgun around his chest. He went to grab it, but stopped when the human started moving.

“Ugh… Where the hell...?” Roman looked at his surroundings and saw that he was in some sort of cabin, then he saw a figure. Maybe a human took him in and helped him? He blinked a few times before the figure became clear. Zombie. “Shitshitshitshitshit-!” His eyes widened in terror and pointed his shotgun at the creature but before he pulled the trigger, he stopped. It was… scared? Why was it covering its head? Did it actually know how it could die?

Virgil peeked back up at the human with fear as he slowly pulled his arms off of his head. The human looked confused by his gesture. Right. He was one of the very few zombies that actually still had some sort of brain cells. He looked away as he tried to think of what a normal zombie would do. He fiddled with his cold fingers and then smiled a bit as an idea came to his mind.

“U-Uh… B-Brains… Human bad…?” He held his arms out nervously as he muttered the few words. He didn’t know how to speak too well, but he still could. But the human just looked even more scared. “U-Uh, I-I mean! H-Human good? Human won’t shoot and k-kill me?” Virgil looked even more scared than the human, which made the human both confused and scared.

“Y-You can talk??” Roman gasped. “I didn’t know zombies could talk!”

Right, normal zombies couldn’t talk. “Oh! Uh. N-No! I-We c-can’t talk! U-Uh… I-I mean….” Then he started to groan like all of his kind. God, why couldn’t he be normal?

“Uh huh, yeah you’re not fooling anyone, zombie.” Roman sighed. He looked around and stood up. Only to fall back and hiss in pain. “Ow ow ow ow ow!”

“D-Don’t stand! Y-Your leg... b-broken!” Virgil winced at his terrible grammar.

“Y-Yeah… I can see…” Roman looked at his leg and saw that it was bandaged. “Did… Did you do that?” Virgil merely nodded, which made Roman’s eyes widen in shock. “I never knew zombies could… well, do anything that you can!” He laughed a bit as he put his gun on the floor. Virgil flinched, but stopped when he saw the human was just placing the weapon on the ground. Finally, Roman took a good look at the zombie. He was a bit of a light gray, he had a torn black hoodie with dirty plaid purple patches and some dirty, black, ripped jeans. His hair was a faded purple and brown and he had dark, almost black, circles under his eyes. Speaking of his eyes, they were both different colors. One was brown while the other was green, though they both had a greyish look to them since he was dead.

“Well, seeing as my leg is broken, it’ll probably take me a bit to be able move around again, so…” Roman smiled at the Zombie. “Mind if I crash here until then?”

Word Count: 714

A/N- Yay! Virgil and Roman meet! Woo Hoo!... I wonder what Patton and Logan are doing...