Memories suck

“Dad, this is pointless.” Virgil sighed as he leaned on the gun.

“It’s not ‘pointless’, but what is pointless is that broken pencil.” His father laughed as he pointed at a dirty pencil stuck in the ground.

“God, your jokes are terrible!” He groaned. “Now can I just go inside? I want to go back to my music.”

“You know; you really should stop using your electronics so much. Just because we have a generator doesn’t mean we have unlimited energy.”

“I know, I know. It’s just; this whole thing is so… stressful.” Virgil’s breath quickened as he saw a zombie. “D-Dad! Zombie!”

His dad whipped around and stared at the zombie.

“Virgil, shoot it.”

“What!?” He whisper-yelled. “I-I can’t shoot it!”

“You have the gun, I don’t. Shoot it, now!” His father yelled, catching the zombie’s attention. A few tears ran down his face as he shot the zombie in the head. His arms hurt from the recoil, but he did it. He laughed as the zombie fell to the ground.

“I… I did it…” He breathed with a smile on his face. “I actually did it!”

“Good job, son. I’m proud of you.” His father’s face slowly contorted into fear as he was beating on a window. His mother and sister were turned and were eating him alive. “Virgil! H-Help! Please! Open the door!” His father cried, but soon his tears dried as he went limp. His skull was cracked open as his undead family ate away his brains.

Word Count: 255

A/N- This is tragic.