Zombie Journal

Roman’s stomach growled as the zombie looked at his gun in awe. He must have never held a gun before. That would make sense since zombies only ever have guns pointed at them.

“Hey, you never told me your name.” Roman spoke, shaking the zombie out of his thoughts. “I’m Roman!”

“… V-Virgil…” He muttered after a few moments.

“Well, nice to meet you Virgil! Now, do you have any food?” Virgil put the gun down next to Roman and looked around before grabbing a bag. Patton’s bag. He searched through the bag, not noticing Roman’s fearful expression. “W-Where did you get that bag?”

Virgil continued to search for the canned food he remembered seeing as he answered the question. “It was… Next to y-you…”

“Oh, thank God…” Roman gasped. Virgil finally looked up and was terrified to see the human’s hand on the gun. He dropped the bag and scooted back a bit.

“F-Food… I-In… Bag…” He didn’t like this. This human had absolute control over him. He could kill him again if he wanted to. Just a pull of a trigger and…

“Oh! I’m so sorry!” Roman apologized. “It’s just… That’s my friends bag and I thought you, erm… ate him to get it…” Virgil nearly barfed at the idea. Eating a human!? Actually, he did need to barf. He got up as quickly as he could and speed walked to the bathroom.

“Oh my… Are you okay??” Roman wanted to get up, but stopped himself when he heard barfing sounds. “Just, uh, tell me if you need me!”

-A few moments later…

Virgil came back into the room with some blankets and a pillow. Roman was already almost finished with a can of beans and a bottle of water when he noticed the zombie going into what looked like the kitchen.

“Uh, hey, do happen to have any crutches I could use?” Roman asked, making Virgil peer at the nervous human. He simply nodded before rushing over to a small closet. He pulled out three pairs of crutches, each a different size. Hesitantly, he put one pair next to Roman.

“Wow, you have a variety of them.” He awed as he slowly stood with the medium sized crutches. “Perfect fit!” That was when the two realized that the zombie was quite small. Roman was about four inches taller than Virgil, which only frightened the zombie more. Roman noticed the worry that crossed his features and sighed.

 “I understand that you’re afraid, but I promise I won’t hurt you! You know what, here-” Roman held out his pinky to the undead emo. “I pinky promise that I won’t cause you any harm.” Virgil eyed the small finger then looked back at the human. With a long, heavy sigh, he intertwined his finger with the human’s.

“Great! Now it can never be broken!” Roman smiled brightly, causing Virgil to smile as well.

The two talked for a bit, and Virgil explained his no-human diet. After that, Roman wandered the house, and he saw that this zombie had enough supplies for a small town! If him, Pat and Lo had this much supplies, they would never have to go out again! Maybe he could grab some things before he goes. Then, he goes into a bedroom. It was small with Panic! At the Disco posters on the wall. The bed sheets were purple with a black cover and the pillows were the same. He thought this was just a room for Halloween crap, but then he saw a picture. There was a Mother, a Father, and a small girl with braids, who all looked like the perfect little family, but there was one more person. There was a boy who looked around Roman’s age that had dyed purple hair, a black hoodie with plaid purple patches, black ripped jeans, and dark eyeshadow under his eyes. Of course, this just looked like your everyday emo, but when he looked a bit closer he could see that he was…