Chapter 6

Adam kissed me feverishly as he pulled me down the stairs into the cabin under the boat.

“You’re dad?” I asked as Adam removed my shirt and started to kiss down my jaw.

“Sleeping at the bar.” He mumbled against my collar. I pushed his jacket off his shoulders and down his arms. Removing our shoes we knelt on the single bed that was tucked into the corner of the room. Adam had his hands in my hair, pulling my lips towards his harshly. I grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled it over his head, as I ran my hands down his hard chest. Pulling me underneath him, Adam slowly pulled my pajama pants down my legs. I kicked the remainder of the way off, before drawing his lips back to mine. A small moan escaped my lips as he began to kiss a line down my torso. As Adam rolled me on top I unclasped the top button on his jeans. In one quick motion I was back underneath him with my hands trying to pull his jeans down. They were half way down his legs when Adam  pulled them off the rest of the way. Adam’s tongue slowly ventured into my mouth, fighting for dominance as he rolled me back on top to unclasp my bra. Removing it with east, he flung it to the floor. My back ached with need as i ran my hands through his hair. It was pure electricity. Every kiss, every touch was static. Adam’s hand stroked down my right side, cupping my leg to wrap it around his waist.

“Adam” I moaned as he slipped his fingers underneath my underwear.

“Yeess?” He asked seductively.

“Do you...have...something?” It was hard to keep my thoughts straight when my body was screaming out for his touch. His head nodded against my chest. Adam reached below the bed, fishing in his pockets when he froze. “What is it?” I asked stroking his back.

“I’ve got three missed calls.” His voice was flat.

“From who?”  I kissed his shoulder, trying to look around him to see.

“Diana.”

“Oh my gosh Adam! Finally! I have been trying to reach you for half an hour.” Diana sounded frantic on the phone, which Adam on speaker.

“What’s wrong?” Adam was looking at me, shaking his head as I tried to cover up my exposed breasts. He gave me a slight wink.
“I can’t find Cassie. I went to go and see if she was ok, because I couldn’t hear anything from her room. And when I went Cassie wasn’t there, and her car is gone, and she won’t pick her up phone/ I’m really worried that…”

“Diana!” Adam said cutting her off. “I’m sure Cassie is fine, probably just couldn;t sleep. She’ll be home soon, but I’ll start looking for her now.”

“So she isn’t with you?” Adam gazed at me, before smiling wider. Trying to keep his even he responded “No. She’s not with me.”

“Maybe she’s with Jake.” Was all I heard before Diana ended the phone call. Adam and I sat there in silence for a few seconds.

“I should probably get going.” I said as i reached to grab my top.

“You don’t have to.” Adam wrapped his hands around my waist, twisting me around to face him. “We could call Diana back, and say that I found you. But given the time” Adam kissed my neck “of” and another kiss near my chin “night” this time he kissed my lips whilst tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. My eyes were shut, memorizing every sensation. “You decided it would better to just stay here. With me” I opened my eyes, and sighed.

“I wish I could, but I think she is already suspicious of my whereabouts. I should probably head back.”

….

It was incredibly hard to draw myself away from the tiny room on Adam’s boat. But I did, and as I made my way back into Diana’s house I was bombarded with questions.

“Where have you been?” Diana threw her arms around me before I could close the door, pulling back to examine my face for any scratches. Her dad, after seeing if I was ok, had back to bed.

“I couldn’t sleep so I just went for a drive.” I couldn’t bring myself to look at her, as I began to reminisce on this evenings events.

“And you couldn’t have left a not! Cassie I was so worried.” Adam had his concerned on again, but the little twitch in his eye made me smile on the inside. It took everything I had not to laugh.

“Cassie was with Jake.” Diana blurted, as Adam’s face dropped.

“What can we say Diana” Jake walked towards us, where Diana still had her arms around me. “Cassie and I  can’t seem to get enough of each other. Especially...in the bedroom” He said lowering his voice. Over his shoulder I could see that Adam was steaming. Jake pulled me away from Diana and into his arms, crashing his lips against mine. As I broke the kiss I looked at Adam, trying to assure him that everything would be ok. If only I knew how to project thoughts with my mind.

“Is this true?” Diana asked looking at Adam briefly. I nodded slowly, still with my eyes on Adam. I let out a deep sigh.

“Jake’s right!” I can’t seem to get enough of him.” I smacked him on the chest hard.

“Well great!” Diana exclaimed, clearly calming down.

“You are more than welcome to stay Jake, especially given the time. And Adam you too if you’d like, no point in driving back at this hour. Cassie” She pulled me into her arms again “Don’t scare me like that again.”

“I won’t” I assured her as the air began to be squeezed out of my lungs. We all followed Diana up the stairs to our bedrooms. When we were outside Diana’s bedroom door we all stopped.

“Adam you can sleep on the couch in my room, if you would like.” I could sense the slight hint of hope in her voice. My hands curled into fists as she smiled sweetly at Adam.

“I think I’ll just sleep downstairs.” He started matter of factly “It will be easier to sneak out in the morning.”

“It is the morning. And tomorrow is Sunday. No need for sneaking out.” Diana continued, but she sighed when she realized that Adam wasn’t going to give her what she wanted. At least not tonight  “Well ok then. Cassie just don’t be too loud.” She cocked her head in Jake’s direction “And make sure that Dad doesn’t catch you in the morning.” I nodded, trying not to scream. dam walked down the stairs, as Diana closed the door to her bedroom. Jake followed me back to my room, turning on the light as I did. As soon as the door closed I slapped him as hard as I could across the face.

“What the fuck was that!” I was fuming, the lights began to flicker in the room.

“Try and calm down Cassie.” Jake took a step forward, so I took a step back. Trying to regather my breathing. As soon as I was calm Jake continued to lower his voice. “Don’t think I am stupid Cassie, I know where you were tonight. And if anything you should thank me for keeping my secret.”

“So you’re going to be my cover? So that I can see Adam?” It didn’t make any sense, why was Jake being extremely nice about all of this, especially since it involved Adam.

“I’m just a nice guy.” I smacked him again on his chest, just this time not so har. “And also, it means that I get to spend more time with you to figure out this dark magic thing. If the circle assumes we are dating, the feud between you, Diana and Adam will die down allowing everyone to like each other again. And especially making everyone work together. I guess half the time you will be with Adam, but when you sneak off in the middle of the night at least Diana will think you’re not with him.” My phone vibrated in my pocket. As I pulled it out it was from Adam.

ADAM: Everything ok? I’ll come up there...

ME: Everything’s fine. Get some sleep. Jake will be sleeping on the floor.

ADAM: I don’t like this.

ME: I like you. Goodnight.

I placed the phone on the bedside table before climbing into bed, not before chucking Jake on of the blankets. Jake turned off the lights. I expected him to curl up on the floor or in one of the arm chairs, so I was surprised when the bed dipped because of his body weight. Too tired to argue, I let him stay there.

“If you touch me. I will hurt you.” I harshly whispered. I only heard the soft sounds of a chuckle before the sandman took me under.