Chapter 7

I buried myself under the blankets as the sun shone through the open window. Letting out a small groan as I realized Jake’s arms around me. With all my might I pushed them off.

“What did I say about touching?” I whispered harshly to him, as my eyes were still closed.

“You didn’t seem to mind it last night.” Jake’s voice rang through the empty room as he got out of the bed. “especially when you were all tucked up against my chest.” My eyes wiped open to glare at Jake you was heading towards the bathroom with a wide grin displayed on his face. I did the most mature thing and threw one of my pillows at him. It hardly gained the effect I was looking for. because he just laughed as he shut the bathroom door. Moments later a small knock came from the bedroom door. Adam poked his head in.

“Good morning” He said as he slothed into the room, quietly closing the door behind him. My heart stopped for a split second at the sight of him. Even in the morning, with his hair all a mess, he was still gorgeous. I was still in bed as Adam placed his hands on either side of my body and found my lips.

“mm good morning” I said as our lips parted.

“Yes! Good morning” And just like that the blissful moment between Adam and I had past, once again because of Jake.

“You really have awful timing” Adam said through his gritted teeth. Jake cocked his head to the side with a smile.

“Or perfect timing, if you think about it.” Jake said. I rolled my eyes as I pushed myself out of bed.

“Breakfast?” I asked the two guys in my bedroom as I left to walk downstairs. Thankfully Diana was already in the kitchen with Fay.

“Morning.” I said as I entered the kitchen with Jake and Adam close on my heels. Fay scowled at me as Jake entered.

“What are you doing here?” She directed the question at Jake, but couldn’t figure out who to direct her death stare at. Me or him.

“I could ask you the same questions.” He flopped down into one of the kitchen chairs.

“Fay actually came over to if Cassie was ok.” Diana said as she placed a coffee pot on the kitchen table.

“Sure she did.” Jake said pouring himself a cup. Fay’s eyes narrowed at Jake.

“As a matter of fact I did.” She turned to me “But now that I see she is more than ok, I can leave.” I knew she was lying, but couldn’t figure out why.

“Great!” Because you are ruining the romance this morning.” Jake sat back in his chair with a smug smile. I was hardly paying attention as Adam was smiling at me over Diana’s shoulder. My heart was fluttering.

“Romance? Like you are capable of that Jake. You’re idea of romance is a quicky behind the gym shed. Hardly romantic.” She placed her hands on her hips as her defense. Jake was being such an ass this morning. He grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled me onto his lap.

“Sadly, you are wrong again.” Jake ran a hand through my hair, as I shuddered.

“Bullshit! Like Cassie would give into you.”

“Fay!” Diana said, glaring at her to stop.

“Don’t look so hurt Fay. Just because I couldn’t commit to you, doesn’t mean that I can’t commit. It’s about the right girl you know.” And with that Fay let out her breath, which she had been hanging onto for a while. She was fuming, but as she sighed I guess her anger slipped away. Or at least she hid it with skill.

“Well I’m happy for you two.” She looked between us with a smile plastered on her face. “We will see how long this lasts before Cassie gives in” She excuses herself and left