day two at caligari carnival

(A/N: the song is for the Klaudora scene coming up)

The next morning, the kids woke up at noon. They stayed up all night reading the book Duncan found. Their brains felt fried. They learned all about VFD and what tore VFD apart. They understood everything about the schism, and what the eye tattoo really meant. The Baudelaires, Quagmires, Jenny, and Wyatt learned that their parents were involved in VFD. Francine was the only kid whose parents weren't involved int VFD.

The kids agreed to ask Madame Lulu and Monsieur Pierre about the book the next morning. When they walked to their tent, however, they saw that the two had company.

That company was Count Olaf and his associates. The kids ran back to their tent.

"He found us. He found us. He found us." Klaus kept saying.

"What do we do?" Isadora asked out loud.

"Why don't we just apologize on behalf of our mom?" Violet offered. "Say we're sorry she killed Olaf's dad. And we can apologize to that Esme woman about her stealing the sugar bowl."

"I don't think they're the type of people to just forgive and forget, Violet." Duncan told the brown haired girl.

"We can't hide in the tent forever." Wyatt told Duncan. "So we can't stay here."

"And Olaf knows who we are, so we can't split up either." Francine added.

"What if we're really careful?" Jenny spoke up. "We could split up. One group stays here, while another asks Madame Lulu and Monsieur Pierre about the book, while the last group keeps an eye on Olaf and his troupe."

"That's a good plan." Sunny told Jenny.

"I agree." Violet nodded. "So, who's going in which group?"

xxxxxxx

Francine and Wyatt made sure they were being careful as they sneaked out of the tent and made their way to Madame Lulu and Monsieur Pierre's tent. They waited outside to make sure Olaf and his troupe were no longer inside. When they were 110% sure, they walked into the tent.

"Madame Lulu?" Francine called out. "Monsieur Pierre? We have a question for you."

Madame Lulu and Monsieur Pierre moved beads out of the way and walked towards Francine and Wyatt.

Wyatt held up the Incomplete History of Secret Organizations book. "What's this and why do you have it?"

"We stayed up all night reading it and we want to know why you have it." Francine told the older pair.

Instead of looking worried, the couple smiled.

"We were hoping you'd find it." Madame Lulu said. Her accent was gone. She sounded like...

Madame Lulu and Monsieur Pierre took off their disguises to reveal who they truly were.

"Olivia?" Francine asked. "Is that really you?"

Olivia nodded. A single tear dropped from Francine's cheek as she ran to give her sister a hug.

xxxxxxx

Jenny, Klaus, Sunny, and Isadora were waiting in the tent. They were the group who were staying inside, just in case the other two groups got kidnapped. Jenny and Sunny were making a late breakfast while Klaus and Isadora sat on Jenny and Francine's beds that were next to each other.

"So, we never really got to talk last night."

"About what?" Isadora asked the boy with glasses.