Chapter 19

I did exactly as I told him I would. I did the work. He got the scholarship. He took care of his family like he promised. I sat in class talking with the boys. 

"Okay so what we doing. This the last week. Let's party." said Bryan

"Bet." responded Jaya.

"I'll pass." I said.

"Hold up, when is it. You guys know I'm going away for 3 weeks on Sunday right?" said Jordan

"Perfect. Go to your last senior party. It's on Saturday." said Bryan

"Oh bet." he responded excited.

"Hold up, your leaving?" I asked.

"Yeah, my parents are dragging me on vacation with the rest of my family before I go to college."

"Damn, that sucks I guess."

"Yea, so I'm gonna get fucked up the night before." he said with a smirk.

"As you should." I said laughing. We ended up walking home as a group for the last week. Aaliyah and Shawn were going on a date that night, and Alexandro's parents are always strict. The only people going to this party were Jordan, Jaya, and Bryan. I planned to use that night to learn how to bake cupcakes with Anthony.

Graduation, which was that Friday, came quickly. It was beautiful. They did it on the football field. We all lined up. When I heard my name, I felt a sense of relief. That was it. I was done with high school. I waited for Aaliyah, who was full on ugly crying by the time she reached me. Shawn was screaming like crazy, Bryan was crying, and Alexandro was ranting about every teacher he hated. Jaya was talking to his family, and Jordan walked over. I gave him a hug. His parents came running towards him, making him tear up. I realized that I was also crying. It was so freeing. This meant no more moving. This meant freedom. This meant having real friends. I found myself in a group hug with everyone. Jaya came running over, and kissed me. He wrapped me in a massive hug, thanking me.

"Why are you thanking me?" I said, screaming as I was spun in the air.

"I graduated because of you. I'm going to college, because of all of you." He responded. He began to cry aggressively. I was excited. I wanted to see Jaya in the NFL, and, I helped him get one step closer. I felt so special at the moment. All of our families decided to take us to a restaurant, and we all ate together. I had honestly never felt happier. This feeling was obviously not going to last.