Chapter 12

The next day, which was a Monday, Jaya and I disscussed the details. He was planning to pick me up at around 10 am. We planned on spending the whole day with each other, which I was honestly excited for. It had been a while since we did something that was just the two of us.

Two Days Later

I sat in class. It was Wednesday, the last few minutes of the last period. I sat next to Aaliyah, daydreaming, when I was interrupted. The teacher walked over to me, passing me a hand-out. After that, I went home alone. Anthony planned to be over at one of his friends. I honestly felt better being alone in my thoughts. It has been a while since I have had time for myself. I sat in my room on my laptop doing homework, when Jaya busts into my room and starts pacing around. I turn around to face him, and he doesn't even acknowledge me.

"Wow, thanks for knocking."

"Shit shit shit."

"What's wrong?" I said, getting up, now worried.

"I fucked up."

"How?" I asked.

"Coach is really fucking mad. You know that class that I had with Ms. Smith. I don't get anything she says in that class. I was daydreaming and that bitch told me to stay after class so I did. Then, coach walked in and they both sat me down to tell me I was failing."

"Okay, that's not that big of a deal."

"No duh. He specifically told me that in order to be on the team, I needed to pass all of my classes though. I have a game soon and I can't play. All the boys are fucking mad because we just came up with this new play. Shit. Oh shit. What am I supposed to do? This game is so fucking important."

"Why's it so important."

"Aya, you know better than anyone that I can't afford college. My goal is a scholarship in football. There are going to be recruits at this game. People from UCLA, SNHU, and a bunch of other colleges are going to be there. "

"Shit, I'm sorry. When is this game?"

"In like two weeks."

"Wait, two weeks."

"Yea why?"

"Did Ms. Smith say that there was a way to get your grade up?

"Yea, but that shit isn't realistic. I don't understand anything in her class, and it's so much. Like her shit just doesn't make sense."

"But it makes sense to me."

"Okay, good for you. The difference is that you're a good student."

"Your right, I am."

"Why are you rubbing this in again?"

"I'm not dumbass. And there's no need to be rude. What I'm trying to say is that I'll tutor the living shit out of you. Tomorrow, pick up the work for her class. You're going to this game and you're getting this damn scholarship."

"Sorry for being rude." He smiled at me. There had been tears in his eyes, so I wiped them away, smiling at him. I gave him a hug. He kissed me on the head, staying in my arms. I got up, and told him to meet me after school everyday to two weeks, and on the weekends too.

"What about our date?"

"That will be our gift after you play, and win the game." We planned the date to be the day right after the game. We sat for hours, as I explained to him the basics of her class. She taught math, specifically things like algebra, equations and functions. I, unlike him, was a math whizz. I had AP Math classes, so most of this was easy. Soon it was going to be just as easy for him.

Everyday after school, he came over. We spoke about each topic for hours, for two days each. I explained the homework to him, and the extra work he was given. There were nights I spent until 1am Facetiming him after he left, helping him with questions. My sleep schedule was messed up, but it was worth it. I also had the boys help him in class. Jordan especially tried to help him. Just like me, he was great with things like math and science. Shawn and Bryan were average, so they tried to explain things in simpler terms for Jaya.  I did as much as I could, knowing that he needed this. I cared too much about him to let him fuck this up. I thought about what these feelings meant, though. I had never been in love, but I thought I was with him. We still hadn't told each other that, and a part of me was scared he wouldn't love me back. That wasn't important at the moment though. I'll tell him when we go on that date. He'll be in a good mood after winning the game. Alexandro practiced with Jaya outside of school, since he couldn't practice with the team yet. 

Two days before the game, I decided to go to Ms. Smith's class, and ask her is he had passed. I walked in as a bunch of kids walked out.

"Um, excuse me, Ms. Smith right?"

"Yes ma'am. What do you need."

"Well, I came here to ask about Jaya. I wanted to know if he was passing."

"So, you're the girl he told me about. The one who has been tutoring him?"

"Um, yea, I am."

"Well, I will have you know that he is. And that you are an amazing person for that."

"Wait seriously."

"Yes. I was actually planning to tell him next period, so he could go to practice today."

"Ugh, thank you so much."

"No, thank you. In my 4 years of teaching that boy, I've never seen him so determined." I smiled at her statement.

"Anything for him."

"Hopefully he keeps you. You seem like a good person."

"What do you mean?"

"You think I don't know you guys are dating. The way he speaks about you, it was obvious."

"Um, well thank you. Have a good day."

"You too." I walked out of her classroom smiling. I felt so happy for him. I had no clue how football worked, but I knew that he was going to whoop the other teams' ass. He worked to hard not too.

As I was walking home with Aaliyah, he texted me, telling me the news. I obviously already knew, but I didn't let him know that. After that, he told me he was going to practice. I told Aaliyah about, and she was almost as excited as I was.

"As you should Aya." she said, smiling. I smiled back, and we walked home.

A couple of hours later, I texted the other boys, saying thank you for helping. They all responded pretty quickly, saying that they would do anything for me and their boy.  That night, I went to sleep peacefully, feeling like I did something important.