Part 4.3) Weather Survival: Drinks to Drink During Fall

Autumn Hot Drinks

We've covered the basics of dressing for the Autumn, and how to keep you and your home cosy for Autumn.

In this part, we look at several warm autumnal hot drinks that will be your go to when you're thirsty and cold...

As we know, Autumn means pumpkin and it's spice season, and we see the flavor come up everywhere from the pumpkin pie to excellent warm drinks.

spiced apple cider:

A warmed spiced version of your typical apple  cider. Mulled with winter spices like star anise and cinnamon, this will warm you up.

Now kids and parents alike love chocolate, right, hot chocolate comes in the following varieties:

Hot Chocolate

History of hot chocolate:

As early as 500 BC, the Mayans were drinking chocolate made from ground-up cocoa seeds mixed with water, cornmeal, and chili peppers (as well as other ingredients)—a much different version from the hot chocolate we know today. They would mix the drink by pouring it back and forth from a cup to a pot until a thick foam developed, and then enjoy the beverage cold. Although the chocolate drink was available to all classes of people, the wealthy would drink it from large vessels with spouts, which later would be buried along with them. Later, In the early 1500s, the explorer Cortez brought cocoa beans and the chocolate drink-making tools to Europe. Although the drink still remained cold and bitter-tasting, it gained popularity and was adopted by the court of King Charles V as well as the Spanish upper class. After its introduction in Spain, the drink began to be served hot, sweetened, and without the chili peppers. The Spanish were very protective of their wonderful new beverage, and it was over a hundred years before news of it began to spread across Europe. After this, it became a staple across the pond to the US and Canada, as a firm Winter and autumn favourite.

White Hot Chocolate:

A white chocolate version of a classic, said to be of Aztec origin

A white chocolate version of a classic, said to be of Aztec origin. Where they used chilli instead of sugar back then.

Classic Hot Chocolate: