Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

Taeyeon continuously hits her head against the coffee table. All week she’s been thinking about it.  Two times, she had two chances to kiss Jessica and failed each time. With a groan, her head collides with the wooden piece of furniture. How is it that Yuri can score a kiss on the lips and she couldn’t even end the night with one on the cheek? And again her head collides with the table.

“You’re going to get a headache if you continue doing that,” comments Hyoyeon while entering the house. She throws her bag on the couch. “Are you still upset about the kiss? I said I was sorry didn’t I?” Taeyeon groans at the word Kiss. “Look just call Jessica up. Tell her you wish to see her. When she arrives kiss her like there is no tomorrow. Boom problem solved.”

“The kiss has to be perfect,” states Taeyeon while looking at the table.

“Then that kiss wasn’t the one,” comments Hyoyeon, “any kiss after dinner with our father is not going to be perfect.”

“Shut up,” mumbles Taeyeon while throwing her pencil at her younger sister. Hyoyeon catches it.

“Thanks I needed one anyways,” she slides the writing instrument into her pocket. She gives Taeyeon a smile before disappearing up the stairs. Taeyeon looks at her phone. Maybe she should just call Jessica.

She dials the number turning the phone on speaker before grinning like an idiot. This is it she’s going to get her kiss.

“Taengoo?” comes Jessica voice through the phones speaker.

“Jessica…uh what are you doing today?” asks Taeyeon while fidgeting. What for, she doesn’t know. It’s not like Jessica could see her. Or can she? Taeyeon looks around the room before turning back to the phone. Jessica still hasn’t answered, “Jessic-“

“I have work scheduled for tonight. Then I’ve got a major project in science to do and sleep,” states Jessica. “It seems my schedule is packed Taengoo. I’m sorry. But I’ll make it up to you I promise. Remember how I said dinner with my family?”

“Does it end in a kiss?” asks Taeyeon.

“What did I say about asking?”

“Don’t ask just do,” answers Taeyeon with a frown.

“I have to go. I’ll call you later.” Taeyeon slams her head against the coffee table again.

Attempt  three fail.

*****

The next day…

Taeyeon fidgets as Jessica takes the seat beside her on the bus. She wanted this kiss and she wanted it now. She’s been coming up with millions of plans on how to execute the kiss.  Jessica turns and smiles at her as Tiffany take a seat behind them beside Yuri. Taeyeon forces a grin before quickly turning and looking out the window. How to get the kiss? How to get the kiss?

“Still stressing?” She looks over her shoulder at Yuri who was leaning forward. “Just kiss her already.”

“Why can’t she kiss me?” asks Taeyeon in a whisper.

“I don’t know. But according to Tiffany it’s because she’s more experienced so she doesn’t think it’ll mean anything. But if you, a person who has no clue about things, initiate the kiss…then…” responds Yuri. Taeyeon’s face scrunches. It’s not her fault she has no experience. If people would look past her lineage then she would have some sort of experience. She looks at Jessica’s reflection in the window. Just lean in and do it. That’s all she has to do.