Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

Hyoyeon and Yuri both stare at the evident hand print on Taeyeon’s face. “I thought you two were going out?” asks Yuri while poking at the print. “What in the world did you do?”

Taeyeon swats Yuri’s hand away while, “stop it you’re making it worse?”

“What happened?” asks Yuri again.

“I wonder the same thing,” states Hyoyeon. Yuri stops poking the mark for a second and turns to look at her, “I woke up this morning to see that…but she won’t say what happened.”

“I got a kiss,” states Taeyeon.

“Sure you did? Are you sure Jessica’s slap didn’t rattle your brain a bit?” questions Yuri as she returns to poking Taeyeon’s face.

“I said stop…you’re breaking my concentration,” retorts Taeyeon.

“What were you concentrating on?” asks Hyoyeon curiously.

“Ways to explain the hand print that is on my face when Jessica’s and Tiffany’s family shows for tonight’s dinner,” explains Taeyeon as she walks to her closet.

“Let me guess. When she kissed you touched?” asks Yuri, “or you opened your big mouth which resulted in her striking you.”

“Shut up,” mumbles Taeyeon as she turns back around and looks at them. Her bedroom door opens and all three girls turn and look to see Mr. Kim sticking his head in the room.

“Taeyeon…can I speak to you in my office?” Taeyeon nods her head following her father. Entering his office he walks around behind his desk taking a seat as Taeyeon takes one of the two free ones. “I think we need to discuss the pact you made with Officer Jung.”

“What about it?” asks Taeyeon curiously.

“Me and your grandfather have discussed things…I’m not sure how to implement the handing over the title to you,” states Mr. Kim confusion and frustration written all over her face.

“I’ve thought about it also,” Mr. Kim raises a brow. “I think that maybe if you want to keep this as the path for the family then give Hyo the inheritance. The pact is between me and Mr. Jung. The family will only become good if and only if you hand the title over to me. Giving it to Hyo won’t nullify the contract. And Hyo deserves it.”

“Hyoyeon is adopted,” responds Mr. Kim. “And your grandfather specifically demands that you take over.” He sits back in his chair, “I think you are more than capable of doing so after witnessing what happened at the police station. Not only that but you gave away private information without being noticed and you’ve demonstrated even more abilities.”

“But handing it over means ending what our family has started,” counters Taeyeon.

“Something you’ve wanted to do for a while.” Taeyeon nods her head, “but I think you’ve changed your view on it. You did initiate a contract with a police officer.” Taeyeon looks off to the side, “and I think that you’re afraid of showing it.”

“I have to go through with the contract if you give me the title,” states Taeyeon, “I have to end it. I didn’t like what the family does. Everyone knows that. But after using my-our power to help Jessica and her family I see no real issue with it besides the side in which we are hurting people. But if I must take over then I say give the title to Hyoyeon. Have Hyoyeon give it to me. The contract says you have to hand it to me. With Hyo handing it to me I won’t have to do as the contract says.”