Chapter 19: Concerns

--------Chapter 19: Concerns----

"Vic, if I told you something, can you promise not to tell Andy?" Jaime asked that night as they all stayed in the house Vic and Andy had been in before.

Gates had made the executive decision to stay overnight, as he didn't really feel like driving back in the dark, especially since the walkers got more active when the sun went down; they'd see the headlights and be with them for miles. He'd left the others in the house and had gone to find the other three from Shawn's group and then brought them back.

Jaime and Vic were currently the only two still up, apart from Gates who'd stationed himself near the front door, having dragged a chair from the living room to sit in and keep watch. They'd grabbed whatever they could, blankets and sheets alike, and put them over the windows to block out any light they'd managed to get so any roaming walkers wouldn't see it and come straight for them.

Andy had crashed on the sofa in the living room, the others all finding somewhere as well to try and get some rest. Vic and Jaime were currently sitting at the table in the kitchen, Gates in sight as he sat near the window near the front door. Vic watched as Gates moved the sheet off the window slightly and looked out; this was about the twentieth time in the past ten minutes.

"So?" Jaime said quietly, getting Vic's attention back to him. "You promise not to tell Andy?"

Vic looked at him and gave him a nod, curious now to hear what Jaime had to say. Jaime gave a bit of a sigh as he got up and slid the kitchen door shut as quietly as he could, planning on making sure what he said was kept between them.

He sat down again and looked to Vic as he rested his arms on the table.

"Gates was right in the way he said that Tony's the only one we've lost," he began, his voice still very low so no-one but himself and Vic would hear it. "I saw that look in Andy's eyes when he heard that Juliet's still alive, but over these past nine or so months, she's kinda been with Ashley."

Vic frowned, not sure how to respond. Jaime looked at him sadly as he continued on.

"Ashley's kept a good eye on her; he doesn't want anything happening to her," he said, Vic nodding to indicate he was keeping up. "At first he was keeping a watch on her because he cared and he didn't wanna let Andy down; he was convinced for that first six months that we'd find him, but after about seven-ish months, they kinda became a thing."

"So Juliet thinks Andy's dead?" Vic asked, not really keeping up much with what Jaime was saying.

Jaime gave a shrug.

"Hell, we thought everyone we left Atlanta with was dead," he said. "Juliet just lost her faith in Andy still being out there and whenever she needed someone there, she'd go to Ashley. Don't get me wrong, she trusts Arin with her life, but she always felt more comfortable around Ashley. We all dismissed it at first, but it's kinda just...there now, y'know? I didn't wanna say anything to Andy 'cause I could see how much it meant to hear she was still alive, y'know? I just don't want this ruined for anyone, and if Andy comes back with us..."

Vic looked at him with a bit of shock.

"You're not seriously suggesting we leave Andy here are you?" he asked, slightly horrified at what Jaime was saying.

Jaime shook his head.

"I'm not saying that at all," he said, his tone serious. "I was just saying that I dunno what's gonna happen when we get back in a couple days; what Ash'll do."

Vic shook his head this time.

"Ash won't do anything," he said, Jaime looking rather sceptical at his words. "He knows how much Juliet means to Andy, and when we get back and Ashley's aware of Andy's presence, he'll do the right thing, I guarantee you."