Chapter 21: What Happened?

--------Chapter 21: What Happened?----

"Any news update on the herd?" Jinxx asked as he walked along with Shawn, Arin quickly catching up.

Shawn gave a shake of his head. "Nothing; but last I heard, they weren't far off. Best to move out today if you guys can."

Jinxx gave a nod as Arin fell into step with him.

"So what're you guys gonna do?" Arin asked, Jinxx looking to him and getting a brief glance from Shawn.

The three of them came to a halt and Shawn looked between the two of them as his people moved around in the background, going about their business.

"Honestly, most of these guys don't wanna move," he began, Arin nodding and placing his hands on his hips as Jinxx crossed his arms. Shawn mirrored Arin's position and continued. "Personally, I don't wanna stay here; a couple of these guys wanna get outta here, but I dunno if I should make them all leave or not."

"If they don't wanna leave, why make them?" Jinxx asked, Shawn switching his gaze to him. "We've still got a few of your guys up with us; they the ones that don't wanna leave?"

Shawn shook his head.

"They're the ones that wanna get outta here," he explained, Arin nodding along to show he was keeping up as Jinxx stayed in the same position. "Cameron's the only other one that wants to leave that's still here; he said even if I don't leave, he's going, whether it's with you guys or alone."

"He's got sense then," Jinxx said, his tone displaying a slight bit of boredom.

Shawn gave a nod.

"In all honesty, I think it'd be better if we just went," he continued. "I personally don't wanna be stuck here with a herd heading in; would you? We're more exposed than you guys, so my best gamble's to leave and leave quick. The few guys I've sent up to help you lot, they're comin' too. I'll make sure Cameron's good to go and we'll head up to where you guys are in an hour; sound fair?"

Jinxx gave a nod, Arin quickly nodding back; he knew Jinxx was a higher rank above him in the group, but he still wanted to look like he had a say.

Shawn gave a nod in response.

"Alright, you guys should be on your way; tell Gates we'll be there in the hour."

-----------------------------

"So anyway," Jake said as he looked over at where Ashley was standing, his back to him and focus off in the distance.

"So what?" was Ashley's response; he was clearly still in a bit of a mood today.

Jake gave a bit of a shrug, Ashley glancing over his shoulder at him. Jake sighed a bit, getting Ashley's full attention.

"What?" Ashley asked again. "You got something to say, just say it Jake."

Another sigh from Jake before he spoke.

"Ok fine," he said, walking the short distance over to where Ashley was standing, a couple of Shawn's guys a few metres away from them. Jake lowered his voice so it was kept between him and Ashley. "I can see you're unhappy; pissed off even. What's happened? Is it 'cause Andy showed up?"

Ashley frowned at him, clearly caught off guard and not expecting that question.

"What? Why would you think that?" he asked back, his voice low as well.

"C'mon man, stop it; you know why I think that," Jake said, Ashley just looking at him. "You've been like this since him and Vic arrived, and it's just made me wonder 'cause we all know what was going on with you and Juliet."