Chapter 28: To Make It Up

--------Chapter 28: To Make It Up----

“Andy, just stop moving and let me see how much damage you’ve done.”

Andy once again just pushed Hershel’s hand away from him.

“I’m fine; just stop it and leave me alone!” he snapped, pushing Hershel’s hand away yet again.

Hershel gave a sigh and stopped trying to help, looking at CC as Andy angrily crossed his arms, the glare never leaving his face.

“Alright, I’ll come back; I need to go and see how much damage he did to Ashley.”

CC gave a nod and Hershel left the cell. CC looked at Andy and sat down on the bed next to him, sighing.

“You ok?” he asked quietly.

Andy just stayed silent, refusing to answer. CC sighed again.

“Just talk to me Andy; I get that you’re upset and pissed off, but you gotta talk to me about this.”

“Can I borrow your gun?”

CC sighed once more. “No Andy; I don’t wantcha killing Ashley.”

“Not for him,” Andy said miserably. “I’d rather use it on myself than waste a bullet on that asshole.”

CC just shook his head. “I’m not letting you kill yourself ‘cause of one guy Andy; it’s not right.”

Andy gave a miserable shrug, clearly not caring about himself anymore. CC looked at him sadly as Andy just continued to avoid his gaze, his focus on the same bracelet on his wrist as before.

“Y’know if you wanna talk-.”

“I don’t wanna talk CC,” Andy said quietly, cutting him off mid-sentence. “I just need to sit here and think.”

“About?” CC asked seriously; the last thing he wanted was for Andy to go and do something stupid, and right now, he wasn’t about to put it past him.

Andy gave another miserable shrug; seemed he was far from the talkative mood. CC didn’t really blame him though; after everything that’d gone on over the past however long, seeing Ashley and Juliet was certainly a trigger for Andy.

“Alright, well call if you need anything,” CC said eventually, standing up and heading to the doorway of the cell as Andy stayed in the same position, tugging at the bracelet again. “And don’t go asking anyone else for their gun; I don’t really wantcha shooting someone or yourself.”

Andy just stayed quiet, his focus never leaving the bracelet on his wrist as CC went out, going to check in with Ashley who he assumed was still outside somewhere; they hadn’t allowed him inside yet due to the incident with Andy earlier on.

Sure enough, Ashley and Juliet were still outside, Daryl and Hershel with them. Hershel was cleaning Ashley up a bit as Juliet stood just off to Ashley’s side, Daryl just watching in case something else was going to happen. The people that were still around after the incident watched as CC went past, whispering a few things amongst themselves about what had happened.

Ashley looked over as he saw CC approaching; his expression remained unamused as he watched the former drummer get closer.

“How’s he doing?” Ashley asked as CC halted, Daryl glancing at him before going back to watching Hershel go about his job.

“You sound concerned,” CC stated bluntly, Ashley just looking at him and flinching a slight bit as Hershel cleaned up another of the cuts on his face.

After a few seconds of hesitation, Ashley just sighed and CC saw that he was already regretting what he’d done, even though Andy had been the one to react first; Ashley was only really defending himself even though he knew he was most likely in the wrong.