The Lock

Cheryl walked into the school, her new school, Riverdale High. She had just moved with her mother from Washington State, to this little town by New York, Riverdale.

The school did not look too bad, at least not as bad as the one on the Southside did. It was obviously the nicer school of the town.

Cheryl was mad at her mother for making her move here. She had to leave her "friend" Heather.

That's actually the reason her idiotic mother made her move, because of Heather. She had caught the two kissing on the couch.

At least at the Riverdale school Cheryl didn't have to wear a school uniform, she was happy about that. She sighed and walked over to her locker, trying to do her combination.

"You need help?" A random girl asked, noticing Cheryl's struggle. Cheryl blushed, embarrassed and nodded. The girl smiled, showing her perfect teeth and grabbed the lock.

"What's your combination?" The short stranger asked.

"5-17-21" Cheryl said, then watched as the girl successfully did the combination and opened her locker.

"Thank you." Cheryl smiled a little, putting her backpack away.

"No problem, I'm Toni. And you are...?" Toni asked, slightly raising her eyebrow.

"Cheryl, Cheryl Blossom." Cheryl smiled, looking over Toni's features. Toni was tan skinned. She had dark brown hair with pink highlights, and brown eyes. Toni had small dimples when she smiled and she had perfect looking teeth. She was also a few inches or so shorter than Cheryl.

"Im assuming you're new here? Are you thinking of trying out for the cheerleading team?" Toni asked Cheryl.

"Yes I'm new here and I don't think so. Im not really a fan of watching girls dance in short skirts, although I do like dancing myself."

"I'm sure I could change that." Toni smirked.

"I- I mean, maybe." Cheryl replied, a faint blush appearing in her cheeks.

"I'm sure you'll end up liking cheerleading, or joining the squad in about... let's say, two weeks."

"I'm sure I won't." Cheryl rolled her eyes and chuckled lightly.

"We'll see." Toni smirked, shrugging and walking away.

-

The end of the day school bell would ring in 10 minutes. Cheryl couldn't wait to get home and decorate her new room.

There was one thing on her mind the whole day.

Toni Topaz.

Toni would not stop giving Cheryl side glances during the classes the two shared.

During lunch the pink haired girl came over to the table Cheryl was at and sat down beside her, saying, "A girl this gorgeous shouldn't be eating lunch alone."

That caused Cheryl to have a little gay panic attack.

Cheryl had a worse gay panic attack when Toni put her arm around her while the two were eating.

Cheryl watched the clock... 5 minutes left... she thought to herself.

"Sorry I'm late Miss Grundy." A familiar voice said walking into the classroom.

"Oh its okay honey we we're just having some free time." Miss Grundy smiled, weirdly, at Toni.

Cheryl sighed tapping her pencil, focused on the clock, as Toni walked up to her.