2.

When Jimin woke up, he found himself alone in his shared apartment. Both Namjoon and Hoseok went to town to get groceries, well... that's what the note they had left behind said, but Jimin knew it wasn't just that.

He sighed, feeling helpless and frustrated. He really didn't like being alone, especially when he felt weak and venerable after everything that had happened that morning.

It felt so weird, that had never happened before, why did it had to happen that day? He was curious and mad at himself that he let exhaustion get the best of him but he brushed off those thoughts until Hoseok returned home, maybe he could understand what had happened and assure Jimin it wasn't what he feared the most. And when he did, he had returned alone, there had been a need for Namjoon to be at his company while they were out so that was that.

"You're awake." Hoseok pointed out when he entered the apartment. "How did you rest? Is your headache gone?"

"Hm... Yeah. It's gone." Jimin nodded with a weak smile "I just feel nauseous, but I bet that will go away soon enough, so I guess no need to worry... Yeah, everything's... everything's fine."

The silence took over the room, something that didn't happen often.

"What happened to me, hyung?" Jimin asked in a cry like whisper.

"Jimin." Hoseok approached him with a tight hug "I..."

"Please, it was just exhaustion, right?" Jimin faced him with wet eyes looking for assurance in his best friend's eyes. He didn't find it. "I worked myself out and... yeah this was what happened. I tired myself off."

It felt as if he was telling that himself instead, like it was a reassurance to himself that maybe it wasn't that bad and that the next time he met Namjoon he could perform as well as he had planned to the same day as long as he rested a full night.

Hoseok didn't know what else to say or do but to hug him and assure him that it would be all okay even though Jimin was yet to accept what had really happened.

"We need to talk about what happened." A while after, Hoseok told him as he sat down with a cup of tea made for the youngest.

After mumbling a thank you, Jimin averted from looking into his friend's eyes. He didn't want to.

"The longer you avoid it the worst it becomes for you to resolve it." Jimin didn't respond so Hoseok carried on. "Jimin, you met your soulmate."

Jimin nodded and sighed, avoiding his gaze as his tears rolled down his cheeks harder than ever. His worst nightmare had happened. He couldn't run from it but he wanted to. This was unfair, Jimin never asked for it so why was it happening then? He had always spoken against it so why was it happening to him? He was perfectly fine alone, and yet the universe and his body thought otherwise. It was torture. Whenever Jimin thought about it the possibility of him losing his music ear for maybe forever was as real as it could be, and just that scared Jimin to death.

After some sobs and tears he finally got the courage to ask about it.

"Soulmates. What do you know about the whole deal with them?" the oldest asked, testing the ground to see how far he'd had to go to explain what was going to his young housemate.

"I know as much as any regular person knows." Jimin sighed trying to push his sobs down, ready to recite what it felt like a curse "Once you meet your soulmate and exchange a type of conversation, you lose all ability to hear to tunes, melodies, whatever it is that can be music."

"Do you know how you get the music back?"

"Love. Or the acknowledgment of the feeling... I don't know, my parents always said that you'd knew once it came back to you, because it'd feel special. Or, the surgery but from what I heard you can't love again after having it. So, to be forced to love someone or to be incapable to love again? hm" Jimin scoffed "To be quite honest, it sounds dumb."