Chapter 4 : Being a Slytherin

Following Professor Snape's orders, Draco Malfoy was giving me a tour of Hogwarts. 

We weren't exactly speaking to each other, he just pointed at things and explained what they were with a blank and annoyed tone. He had already showed me most of the rooms, when he took me to the astronomy tower. Clutching my waist, I tried to recover my breath from the way up the stairs. Malfoy was staring at me with a disgusted look.

But when I stood up, I forgot all about his rude glare and our argument earlier. Facing me, stood the whole Hogwarts valley, the lake, the forest and the hills. 

I looked up, only to see the most beautiful sky views I had ever seen : the stars were bright and seemed to break into the night, there were no clouds so I could see everything clearly, and the moon was beginning to rise over the skyline, white as snow.

I gasped at the view, which made Malfoy next to me sigh but I couldn't care less. After a minute or two, I could feel him relax a bit and I knew he was enjoying the view as well. We stood there, without a word, both in our own words but still present at the same time.. until he spoke again.

Of course he had to ruin the moment.

- "Let's go mudblood. I have other things to do." he stiffly told me.

I silently followed him back to the Slytherin common room, knowing that his little insult was not worth my attention. When we arrived in front of the portrait, he froze and seemed to swear under his breath.

- "What?" I impatiently asked.

- "I don't have the password, we'll have to wait until someone comes out." he explained, frowning.

- "Are you serious ?" I exclaimed, I was so mad. I knew it was past curfew, so there was very little chance that someone would go out. Which meant we would have to spend the night outside.

- "Trust me, I'd rather be lost in the Forbidden Forest than to be trapped outside with you." he spat.

- "Charming." I replied, "There must be another way in, a spell." I said, walking towards the door.

I stopped, guarding the door, was a portrait of Salazar Slytherin. His back was facing me, but I knew it was him. He slowly turned, and we shared a look, analysing each other's features.

- "Well, hello there." he whispered, "I heard about you from other paintings. I knew we would meet one day. You remind me of your great, great, great grandmother..." 

I slowly glanced at Malfoy, to check if he had noticed anything.

Unfortunately, he was staring at me with big, incredulous eyes. His glace went back and forth between me and the painting, progressively understanding what was happening. 

I had to do something, I had to react. I couldn't let him learn the truth.

- "What are you looking at Malfoy? I know I'm pretty, but there's no reason for you to drool all over the place." I asked, menacingly looking at him.

But it was too late.

- "Are.. are you..." he stuttered "Who are you ?" he finally asked.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.  

Well... if I was going to tell him the truth, I was going to do it grandly. Plus, it wouldn't hurt him to know. Maybe it would even make him get off his high horse and actually behave like a proper human being. 

I straightened myself and held my head high, a mocking smile growing on my face.

- "You didn't seriously think my last name was Chase, did you ?" I laughed, then, suddenly being very serious "I am Y/N Riddle, the Dark Lord's niece and the heir to Salazar Slytherin." I proudly announced "So let me give you a piece of advice, Blondie" I continued, threatening him "don't you ever look down on me again."