Chapter Two

James's Pov
It took me a little while to get settled but I did I was in my new room laying in the lush bed staring up at the ceiling with my arms behind my head.

I was almost asleep actually, very close to sleep after the long and exhausting plane ride and car ride here.

I was then a little startled when someone was then plopping into my lap.

I opened my eyes a little in confusion seeing the lilac-colored hair and the eyes. Relaxing knowing it wasn't that strange human girl they had here.

She just seemed... annoying and when she saw me she blurted out for me not to drink her since she didn't know me.

I remember I stared her dead in the eyes and said sweetie your blood smells gross to me.

And she looked highly offended when I said that, but it gave Laito and Subaru a really big laugh making me feel a little better they were relaxed with me around me.

"Hello, Kanato how are you doing?" I asked him seeing him gazing down at me a little.

"How come you are so cool?" He questioned to me a little tilting his head at me a bit.

I kept my hand brought out to keep him steady so he didn't fall over in my lap.

"Uhh, I guess it's just a demeanor I've had to have since I was young." I chuckled quietly shaking my head a few times, I stared up into his eyes seeing him looking at me more.

"Do you think  I could ever be like that?" It was hard to believe he was the middle child between his triplets brother.

I seriously thought he was the youngest when it Laito who was the youngest. While Ayato was the oldest.

"I think you all are cool in your own way, which has me wondering now." I muttered. I carefully shot my hand up to cup at his cheek making him stare at me a little surprised.

I thought he was gonna grow angry he didn't like being touched but a light purr left him and he nuzzled his face into my palm my claws now gone with my normal hands.

"You just want attention don't you little cutie?" I muttered when he nodded his head a few times fluttering his eyes closed when he moved closer to me shifting a little on my lap.

He didn't even move when the door to my bedroom opened. I looked to see Shu walking in pulling out his headphones, he took a small look between us and spoke out.

"Don't tell me you are already having sex with our older brother Kanato, he's only been here a week." Shu actually had emotions on his face and a low chuckle left him fast.

"Shut up Shu he isn't cold... I thought all vampires were cold." Kanato cooed out. Shu arched an eyebrow but the bed sink down when he laid on the bed with the two of us.

I brought my other hand out for him and he looked away with a scowl but touched my hand his eyes twisting into a surprised one when he felt the small warmth in me.

"That's... Cool." He whispered chuckling quietly shaking his head before he laid down on the bed falling on one the pillows.

I ended up having to lay back when Kanato decided this would be a perfect time to pass out into a deep slumber on my chest holding his teddy closer to his chest his head resting on my own chest low snores leaving him.

I chuckled quietly and moved my hand away from his cheek to lightly stroke at his hair sweetly glancing to stare at Shu who had his phone out scanning his eyes back and forth between whatever he was doing.

"It's nice having you around." I blinked my eyes on confusion.

"I'm the oldest, yet I never feel like I am, Reiji handles most of the hard labor things like our funds, things at school, so it's nice to know I wasn't the firstborn but that you went through hell."

I let a soft laugh out shaking my head a few times.

"My mom was foolishly in love with father, and even with the slight abuse she never abused me, I actually had a semi-normal childhood minus always training and working my body away, but you guys, had terrible mothers, well the triplets did Cordelia was not pleasant so my mom said."

Shu nodded his head a couple times listening to me speak.

"Yeah, she was the worst, father to the fact that we all hate him should totally explain why we all are family." We continued to talk like this with Kanato still fast asleep on my chest.

"Yeah we really are one messed up family aren't we?" I questioned both of us slowly laughing quietly with one another.