Chapter 4

Foliage opened his eyes to a wall of stone. He blinked and looked around. He assumed that he was in a prison cell, though it was unlike any prison cell he had seen back in the Forest Kingdom. It looked like a cave, with small beams of light pouring in through a few tiny cracks in its four walls of solid stone. There were no windows or doors that Foliage could see, but there had to be some sort of entrance if the DarkWings had brought him there. If I could find a way to lure the DarkWings back in here, I could probably find the entrance and escape, Foliage thought.

He took a deep breath and mustered his courage, then shouted, "Help! The-uh-MistWings have broken into the cave! They're-um-going to attack!" Seconds later, a small DarkWing dragonet burst in through a trapdoor in the ceiling. She surveyed the cave with a confused look on her face. Without missing a beat, Foliage shot a blast of fire at a corner several feet away from the dragonet. The DarkWing shrieked and dove behind a rock as Foliage scrambled through the trapdoor. 

Out of desperation, he flew in open air through the winding tunnels, hoping that no DarkWings would notice him. He then saw two DarkWing guards exiting what appeared to be another prison cell -- a room of solid rock with a trapdoor on the ceiling.  Foliage was planning on disregarding them and continuing to fly, when he heard one of the guards say, "...necessary for fulfilling the prophecy, so stop complaining!" 

Foliage glanced at the prison cell. If he had heard the guards right, whatever was inside was necessary for the prophecy's fulfillment. If Foliage could get it out of the DarkWings' talons...maybe he could end the war and save his tribe. As much as he hated the prophecy, that was all he cared about now.

Foliage took a deep breath and flew up to the cave.