Prolouge

The dark dragons came out of nowhere.

At first Daybreak had not been alarmed. She had been living with her sister Paradise for so long, she had almost never seen another dragon. Paradise insisted that it was safer this way, and Daybreak decided that it was safer to believe her. She had to, since Daybreak was the younger sister and didn't possess Glyrite magic. It was a strange phenomenon, a RainbowWing without Glyrite, that had never happened before. And it was the reason why Daybreak and her sister not only had to avoid WoodWings and MistWings, but also other RainbowWings. This one day, however, Daybreak had decided to let her guard down. And it cost her her sister.

Daybreak had been gathering fruit up in the trees when the dragons appeared. Intrigued, Daybreak flew closer to get a better look. At that moment, the largest of the dragons turned her gleaming indigo eye toward Daybreak. The dragon was not amazed or confused. She had been looking for Daybreak. And she had found her.

Paradise shot into the sky, roaring with fury. She angled her tail toward the sky, beginning to collect her magic. But before she could unleash it, the large black dragon opened her mouth, and a bolt of purple lightning shot out at Paradise, who collapsed onto the forest floor. Daybreak gasped in horror. 

"You weren't supposed to kill her!" snarled a smaller black dragon. "It doesn't matter," huffed the large dragon, stepping forward. She gave Daybreak a sly grin. "Congratulations, RainbowWing. You're going to help us fulfill a prophecy."