Chapter 6

The jagged outcroppings jutting out of the DarkWing caves' ceiling were not exactly ideal protection for two escaping prisoners, but they were all that Foliage and Daybreak could find. They jumped from ledge from ledge, flying as smoothly and silently as they could when forced to. "Do you have any idea where the exit is?" Daybreak whispered to Foliage. 

"No," he replied, "but if we-" Daybreak abruptly whipped around, accidentally slapping Foliage with her tail. "Ow!" he hissed. "What was that for?" "Paradise!" Daybreak whispered excitedly. "She's here!" Foliage turned around and saw a dragon who looked like a larger version of Daybreak creep across the cave's wall. "She's my sister!" Daybreak continued. "We have to go help her!" Foliage tried to block her with his wings. "Daybreak, don't-"

 But it was too late. Daybreak dove down towards Paradise, her vibrant scales as noticeable as a fire blazing through the cave. Several DarkWings charged toward them, and Paradise flew up and hovered a few feet off the ground. A cloud of pink energy began to collect around her tail and, poised like a scorpion, she shot the energy at the stalactites that hung over the cave. The stalactites began to tremble and, glowing pink, shot down like daggers at the DarkWing guards. Just then, moments before the stalactites crumpled to the ground, a guard threw his spear at Paradise. It struck her in the foot, and she screamed in pain.Foliage yelped in alarm and flew down to Paradise and Daybreak. "I can't use Glyrite while I'm injured!" Paradise breathlessly moaned. "Three moons, what are we going to do?"

"Daybreak," Foliage said urgently, "use your Glyrite! Hurry!" Daybreak gave Foliage a terrified look. Foliage glanced at Paradise in confusion, who looked just as terrified as Daybreak. "Foliage," Daybreak whispered, "I don't have Glyrite." Before Foliage could respond, hundreds of DarkWings surrounded them like an inescapable storm. 

They were trapped.