Chapter 1 - My True Love

Welcome to the kingdom of Qari. My name is Zander Baine ll and I'm next in line to rule my kingdom. Well you see my sister, Hailey Westbrook was supposed to rule, but she married to Jake Westbrook who rules the kingdom of Zariya.

But the unfortunate thing about it all is I have to have a Queen beside me to rule. Or my father won't let me be King. And why is that such a big issue? Well you see I'm gay. And I'm being arranged to marry Daisy Heather. Such a sweet girl she is but she isn't exactly my type.

As for my one true love, Luke Coltone he's my personal butler. We've known each other since we were youngsters. And as for being together. We have to keep our love a secret. Oh how I wish I could marry him. He's sweet, cute, and funny. His laugh gives me butterflies. And his presence brights up the room when he enters. He's just perfect. And My True Love.

Luke: "My love, you better get dressed before your late to meet Daisy for supper."

Zander: "But I'd love to stay and spend more time with you. We barely get any time together anymore."

Luke: "I know and I apologize for that, but our love is stronger than our distance."

He kisses my cheek, as I could feel them getting red. But I soon get saddened at the thought that we would have to probably hide our relationship forever. He lifts my chin, making me stare at him.

Luke: "Hey don't worry I'll get us out of here and we can live in small cottage together my love."

Zander: "Promise?"

Luke: "I promise."

And that promise he kept. But we're getting too far ahead aren't we? Anywho back to this tale.

Now as soon to be King. Well as soon as I get married to Daisy it will be my kingdom. I love my kingdom so dearly. My father is one wicked man and you see he hasn't ruled the kingdom in the best ways. He doesn't approve of much and has taken a lot from the people. And as soon as I become king I promise to make a change. For the better of the kingdom.

You see Daisy is such a good person when she isn't doing her princess duties she's helping others. Wether if that's in the kitchen, around the palace, or even in the village. We've known each other since last year since our parents had arranged for us to meet a year before we got married.

And in that year, I've learned that Daisy is in love with a guard in the palace, Sean Oswald. She is one of the few people who know that I'm gay and know about my relationship with Luke.

She's promised to keep it a secret. Neither of us want to get married. But for the future of our kingdoms we have to. Or who knows what my father will do.

Luke walks into the room interrupting my thoughts.

Luke: "Your majesty your father wishes to speak to you before you go to supper with Daisy."

Zander: "No need for the formalities Luke, no one is in here."

Luke: "My deepest apologizes."

Zander: "You may leave now I still haven't finished changing."

Sometimes I wish I could just run away from it all and be with Luke. I mean I would rather live in poverty than live hiding the one I truly love. But life isn't as simple as that.

I walk down the hall. Silence. The palace has been so quiet and dull these past few years after my mother had died. She was the person who gave this palace a sense of hope. Recently our kingdom has been slowly withering below us. My mother was the only one my father had let close. Not even his own children. Father has always been so cold. Yet mother found the good in him.

Since mother's passing he's been isolating himself, not even letting anyone go close to him, still so cold. But that's father for you. Oh how I wish my mother was still here. Her smile light up a room and gave a sense of hope in this cruel world.

And since I was so young when she passed I thought I would never find something to give me hope for our kingdom's future. Until I met Luke. My prince in shining armor. Even though we come from two different worlds. He's the only one I let close beside my mother. I guess father and I are similar in that way.

Luke and I fell in love throughout the years. Sure we've had our ups and downs but he will forever be my light for this world.

I get to the door. Knocking it every so gently.

Zander: "Father?"

~End of Chapter 1~

Word Count: 883 words

HI ITS EL!!! Yes i'm writing another fanfic AGAIN IT MIGHT NOT BE GOOD THIS IS ONLY MY SECOND FANFIC. My first fanfic "The Janitor's Closet" (which you should totally check out ;)) IS KINDA OKAY I MEAN SOME OF YALLL LIKE IT FOR SOME REASON. ANYWHO this story will be short but i still hope y'all enjoy it 😛😛