Chapter 2 - Power Hungry

I get to the door. Knocking it every so gently.

Zander: "Father?"

~~~

I walk in.

Zander: " You wanted to talk to me?"

Father: "Yes sit we need to talk about your wedding."

Ah yes the only thing he would need to talk to me about. And the thing I dreaded the most. I sit down looking at those cold bitter eyes of his.

Father: " Now as you may know you are getting married in July. But we've decided that it would be best if you get married in March."

Zander: " Now why did the date change for the wedding to be in two months?"

I already knew why. My father was Power Hungry. He knew once I got married to Daisy he would have more power as he would have close relations to Heathers family. Meaning he would have some type of power in the kingdom of Findara. The kingdom of Findara is one of the most powerful kingdoms in the world as we are the 10th.

All my father has ever wanted is power. That's why he took the freedom of the people. He cut everyone off that didn't give him some type of leverage. Who knows what he's planning. But all I know it isn't good.

Of course I love my kingdom ever so dearly but I don't wanna rule. I know what it's done to my father. And let's just say I made a promise to myself to never be like him.

Father: "Now why being so noisy?"

Zander: "I just want to know."

Father: "The Heathers family and I have collectively agreed to move the marriage date, as it will help both of our kingdoms flourish."

Zander: "Ah alright, I'll be heading out if you don't need me anymore."

Father: "Yes you are dismissed."

My wedding is in 2 months, great. But the one good thing about this all is that I'll be able to kick my father of his high power. Meaning our kingdom would flourish without the help of the Heathers family. That's what mother would've wanted.

I walked down these quiet halls remembering how lively they once were. But that is all in the past and this is now. Now I have to focus on the future of my kingdom.

I got to the dining room seeing my fiancé, and future wife.

Zander: "Hello Daisy"

Daisy: "Welcome Zander, sit so we can enjoy our feast the staff has so kindly prepared for us."

Daisy: "You may be excused, I need to talk to my fiancé in private."

The maids walk out of the dining room, as the room became quiet.

Daisy: "As you may have heard the wedding has been moved."

Zander: "Sadly."

Daisy: "Well I have a plan to get us both out of it."

Zander: "I'm listening, continue on."

Daisy: "Wether we like it not we're going to have to get married, but not for long, my father has a certain file on your family. And let's just say I found it and hid it."

Zander: "So what you're saying is we'll be married for a few months then this file gets unexpectedly 'found' and bam we'll get divorced?"

Daisy: "Yes basically."

Zander: "Daisy you're a genius!"

~End of Chapter 2~

Word Count: 600 words

AYOO so i have some ideas for this book but i still don't know what direction to push it towards. This book won't be updated a lot but since i'll be working on my other books. But if you okay with waiting for chapters then i hope you enjoy this book!! Have a nice day/night