Catching Peace - Four: Sweetest Song

A/N || What I see in my head when I picture Dakota and Enrique.

Chapter Four:
Sweetest Song

"You are always in my head,
It never stops.
The melody repeats."
"I hear it now,
Even when you are not around."

Enrique woke up in the morning, his eyes hurting from the sand and the lack of sleep he got. He got home around three o clock in the morning but didn't even get to sleep until six. Now it was eleven thirty and he still felt tired. This was normal for him, waking up at odd hours and still feeling tired but this was much more different. This was like he was hit with a ton of bricks.

He rubbed his eyes slowly but froze when he heard a soft thud coming from his doorway. He moved his hands away to see the little head of his sister poking in, a smile on her face. She had a small blue ribbion tying her wavy brown hair into a ponytail while her black glasses framed her small pale face. She waved at him then motioned him to follow her.

He moved slowly to follow her, pulling on sweats before he even reached the threshold. He followed his sister down the small hallway to the livingroom, surprised to see that his mother wasn't there yet. He stared down at his sister when she plopped down on the couch, smiling up at him.

"What's wrong, Myra?" Enrique asked softly, sitting down beside her.

Myra slowly moved her hand to her throat, hands cupped slightly around it as she moved it up and down slowly. Hungry.

"What you want to eat? Cereal?" He asked, watching as his sister closed her hand and made it nod.

Yes.

Enrique smiled at her and slowly walked towards the kitchen, faintly hearing his sister turn on the t.v to play the news. Twelve years old and she acts like she is twenty.

Enrique slowly opened a cabinet, taking a bowl from it and turned around to see his sister standing right there behind him, making his jump slightly.

"Don't do that, you little sneaky monster." Enrique sighed softly while Myra beamed up at him, her eyes laughing up at him. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be sitting on the couch."

Late.

"I was at a party with friends. Then I got caught up in the time because I was having too much fun."

Girl?

Enrique bit his lip as he turned back around to pour cereal into the bowl, grabbing the milk cartoon. Dakota. The girl he had kissed and rejected him. It wouldn't have bothered him if he just understood why she did. The look in her eyes, the way she stood. It was like she was afraid.

Not of him, he hoped.

"Yes." He answered honestly to her. Turning back around to put down the bowl in front of her, putting a spoon in her hand. He watched as she grinned up at him and she moved closer to him.

Does she like you?

"I don't know." Enrique mumbled softly, putting the tea pot on the stove after filling it up with water. He put the stove on and heard the soft sound of the spoon scrapping against the bowl. He slowly picked up a cup and poured the steaming water in the cup, putting a herbal tea bag into the cup.

He turned back around, just as his mother stumbled into the room with her hair pulled into a messy bun and her work uniform on. "You're up late." He commented just as his mom took the cup from him, taking a long sip of it.

"My alarm clock didn't go off. You are staying home, right?" She asked as she hurried towards Myra, kissing the top of her head and snatched the spoon from her, eating some cereal before Myra could push her playfully. "Sorry baby. Mommy is hungry."