45

22nd September 2020

i think i've made up my mind..

"Whatddya' want, Princey?" I say, scrolling on my phone, sat on the couch.
He stopped walking behind me, frowning.

"Damn it, how did you notice I was there?" He sulked. I scoff.

"You practically have this beaming light that follows you everywhere,... that and you're getting shit at this."

He made some sort of offended noise and sat next to me ,"I'm not getting shit at anything!" He huffed, sitting down.

I looked to him, amused.

"Mhm, anyways what do you want?"

"To hang out with you, my dear emo." The prince hummed with pride.

"Wha- why?"

"Why not? We don't have to be around each other JUST when you're in need of help, besides, you're pretty cool." He flashed me a wide grin. That stupid face of his does things to me.

"I- uh, sure.., anything in mind?"

"How about a walk in the imagination?" He reached his hand out to me after he got up.

"Yeah, sure."  I replied, accepting his gesture. And like that we started to walk to the imagination.

Opening the doors we were greeted by bright azure skies accompanied by their marshmallow-like clouds, the emerald green grass only hardening the vibrant scene.

"Woah.." I awed. Princey looked at me with a smirk, amused by my impressed manor.

Suddenly he got a burst of energy, taking my hand and holding it.

"C'mon!" He enthused, now dragging me through wonderland. Soon we were in a clear part of the vivid woods.

"How come you brought me here?" I asked, he turned around.

"Well,my emo nightmare I wanted to show you how you're as beautiful as these fields." He spoke gracefully, turning back to take in the scenery. I'm not sure why but it took me a while to understand what he was saying.

Eventually though it clicked.

"Uh- you what?"

He huffed in amusement, swatting his hand as if he was swatting the conversation topic away.

He sat down after summoning a table and chairs.

"How about a picnic?" The tall Prince beamed. And so it went like that, just us two enjoying each other's company as we ate sweet dessert foods.

"Roman.., I-..I thought you hated me? Why have you been so- so nice?" I trembled on my speech, looking up to Princey I see his hurt face.

"I- uh.., I never hated you as such, sure I admit that I might have been a bit uhm.. rude, but never hated." He paused go give a small laugh, "If anything I was envious of you."

This caught me off guard, "Me? Why- how?"

"Well, you're everybody's favourite character in Thomas's series, why wouldn't I be jealous?"

If anything I was surprised he was even admitting this. Princey saying stuff like this was rare to not at all.

"But- I never wanted to be the favourite, I-I hate the attention." I truthfully spoke. For some reason he looked surprised at this.

"But-"

"I'm anxiety, Ro." I smirked towards him, the said boy blushing from embarrassment.
"How on earth did you forget?" I laughed.

"It's just, I never thought I'd enjoy spending time with Anxiety so much." He admitted, a small embarrassed grin on his face. I blushed slightly, taken aback by his sentence.

"I- um, thank you?"

That conversation done we both just spent the rest of our hours laughing and talking to each other in peace like we never have done before. If I'm honest it was quite refreshing.

He's just so- so... kind to me. But a different kind not the same type of kind I feel with Patton.

You know what, I think I've made up my mind.

Maybe I can learn to love him. If he'd let me..