Adoption!

Here's an other story i cooked up! this one is going to be a little mysterious! *insert evil laugh here*

Ugh, I hated Friday’s sometimes. Friday’s meant that I had to go back to the orphanage. I couldn’t pretend that my life was normal like most high school girls. I had to be the weirdo that no one cared about. I was the loner, the independent young lady, the-“Ah!” I screamed out in pain. I felt my leg break and my head banged against something hard. I opened my eyes to find myself on the top of a car. Everything was fuzzy. I managed to look through the windshield at the driver. His brown eyes were the first thing I noticed. His tanned skin was smooth and his lips were pink. His brown hair swirled in different directions. And before I knew it my eyes were closing and I felt tired…so very tired….   

                    - - - - - *'* - - - - -

Beeping was all I heard at first. It was starting to annoy me. “Eyo, girl.” I heard a deep voice say. I forced my heavy eyelids open. It was the face I had seen just before I passed out.

“What do you want?” My voice was hoarse and came out in a whisper.

He smiled. “I thought you were in coma.” He looked me over. “You were out pretty cold.”

I looked down my body. My leg was in a cast and my was steady up against the bed post. “You broke my leg asshole!” I said.

“I know, I’m sorry.” He frowned. “Do you want me to contact your parents or call someone? What’s your name anyway?” He asked.

“Rider.” I tried clearing my throat.

“Rider, huh?” He raised an eyebrow and gave me a conspicuous grin.

“Ew.” I spat. He chuckled. “What your name anyway?”

“Roux.” He smiled, but I could tell there was a private joke within his eyes.

“Are you French or something?”

His eyes trailed over the room. “Something like that.” His eyes finally back on mine. “So parents…?” He questioned.

I looked down. “I don’t have any…I live in an orphanage.” I said so quietly I wasn’t sure he’d heard me.

He was quiet a while before I heard his chair creek. My eyes shifted back to him and I saw that he was now leaning forward. Slowly he raised his hand to mine and squeezed it. “I’m sorry.” He said gently.

“Rider?” I heard a familiar voice call from the doorway. “Rider!” It was Debra, my orphanage care taker. Beside her my case worker Marcus. They’ve been married for about even years and the closet thing I had to a actual family.

“Hey, Deb.” I tried to smile. I hadn’t noticed that Roux was still holding my hand until Mark stared at our connect hands and cleared his throat. Hesitantly, Roux let go of my hand. He stood and approached them.

“Hello, I’m Roux De Loin. I accidentally hit Rider.” He gave them a guilty look.

“Listen you son-of-” Mark began, but Deb stopped him.

“What he meant-” She shot Mark a dark look. “was we’re both glad no one got hurt.” She gave him a sincere smile.

Roux nodded nervously. “Yeah, I am too. So, um, who are you two?” He asked, I could tell he wasn’t trying to be rude.

“Oh! Where are our manners!” Debra cupped her cheek embarrassed. “I’m Debra and this is my husband Marcus.” Debra hand long, blonde locks of curly hair. Her skin was as pale as snow, while her eyes were a dark brown. Marcus had black hair and eyes to match. He had sun-kissed skin and was at a good six feet tall.