CHAPTER . IV

A/n: Omg! I'm so sorry for the delay - there was some glitch with wattpad and i thought it posted when it didn't! Hope you enjoyyyy

"Dear, It's time to awake, we can't miss the train!" Narcissa calls from my doorway. I turn on my side, fighting the fatigue and my body still weak with pain - not as bad today as I had been for the last few days, but my bones still ached, and my eyelids were still heavy. I climb out of bed, and trudge to the bathroom, taking limited glances at my somewhat exhausted reflection and step into the warm shower. After a few short minutes I change into a slightly more conservative outfit - a long sleeve shirt and some high waisted trousers - not something I would usually pick but my skin remained rather discoloured across my body and I had to cover my fresh dark mark. I head downstairs to meet the rest of the 'family' for breakfast, which was all beautifully laid out on the less formal dining table - used mainly for homely meals as opposed to secret meetings like the other room. 
"Y/n darling, here, help yourself." Narcissa says sweetly, handing me an empty plate with a gold rim. I smile back, tucking a lose strand of hair behind my ear and placing a thin pancake and covering it generously in a sickly sweet maple syrup. Moaning slightly at the amazing taste, I glance up to see Lucius sending me a little wink, a smirk forming on his face, causing me to look down, blushing.
"How was your sleep Y/n?" I hear Lucius inquire from his head seat at the table. Weird to think he's king in the morning, but at night he can't even look up from his lap.
"Erm, alright I guess." My hand subconsciously massaging my left palm. "Still hurting a bit."
"Well, my dear, if you need any help, managing your pain, you know where to find me." He says in a low voice, raising his eyebrows slightly. I quickly look away, feeling my cheeks heat up again, and go back to eating the delicious pancake.
"Where's Draco?" I ask suddenly, realising his absence at the table.
"He's not eating with us." Mr. Malfoy stated, his eyes glaring at Narcissa.
"Oh, how come? Is he alright?" No one answers my question. After a few minutes of an extraordinary awkward silence, Lucius speaks.
"He needs to learn." Narcissa immediately steps up from the table, pushing her plate away slightly, looking extremely uncomfortable with the direction of the conversation. Making me wonder what exactly this twisted family were doing.
"Learn? What did he do wrong?" I ask, now growing worried.
"He's in confinement. He embarrassed our family." Lucius states with a hint of disgust in his voice.
"Confin- What? You've locked him away? What the hell? That's so fucked up." I stand up, my chair making a scratching noise against the tiled floor. Lucius' eyes widen with shock at my reaction.
"Y/n, sit down." Narcissa speaks.
"I'm not sitting anywhere! How could you even do that to Draco! You're so fucked up!" I scream. Lucius' eyes are filled with an anger I've never seen before. He stands up suddenly and grabs my forearm, pulling me close to him - his lips against my ear.

"How are you question the ways of my family. You, girl, should be grateful we ever took you in. I can and I will initiate you the proper way if you don't behave. Do not cross me girl." He speaks quietly, through his teeth. And lets go of my arm with flare, me stumbling slightly backwards at the force. I rub my arm gently, where his nails had dug in and turn away quickly from the table - running back to my room, tears filling my eyes. This family really is as messed up as everyone says - and I've had my fair share of messed up. At least I'm out of here now. Back to Hogwarts. And to be honest, there was nothing that felt more like home.

Draco hadn't spoken to me the entire train journey. Occasionally he would glance at me, and just as I was about to open my mouth or even smile, he would look down again. Eventually it had become rather irritating, so I decided to leave him in the company of his other friends, but when he spoke to them, I could hear how broken he was in his voice. If it was down to the darkmark or his father, I couldn't tell.
I get out of my seat and decide to stretch my legs. Now we were in 6th year, I could tell everyone had become more formal in their casual wear, in slytherin at least. Draco was wearing more of a suit as opposed to jeans and a polo shirt like he would have previously done. I think the damage done to his father and their reputation was most important especially after Lucius was nearly caught at the ministry with the other deatheaters. Now, I felt alone. Broken and alone. Confused. About how I was going to face my potions professor. Well, it's good I'm not going to have him teach me as I dropped potions. Well, it's not good, but at least I don't have to face him after he knows what happened the other night. After he comforted me, held me, and watched me scream in pain. How he left me without a second word or look. How the rest of the evening was just a blur of visions and feelings. A side effect perhaps. Just of course for me, they were rather sexual. I saw myself in a large bed, my wrists tied to both bedposts. My eyes were covered perhaps, but I could feel him. A mystery man who I could only imagine to be Snape. Which is why I cannot even dare to look him in the eyes, let alone be in any of his classes which I am thankful for at least. Hopefully this school year goes smoothly. I don't need any extra drama in my life, living with this twisted family is enough for now. Dealing with my new tattoo is enough for now. Life as it is, is more than enough for now.