Chapter Thirty-Four

"Careful." Lily held unto Ellie, encircling her hand around her waist as they walked to their seats, reserved by Felicia. Cheers and applause from the crowd engulfed the large room.

"You're okay?" Felicia who'd been impatiently waiting for them asked, a concerned look on her face.

"I'm sure she's fine." John answered quickly, following closely behind them. "I can't believe we've missed thirty minutes of the game!"

"I'm fine." Ellie smiled and sat down. "I kinda like how you're treating me like a baby."

Lily chuckled. "Lucky you then." She sat beside Ellie in the bleachers with a grin and glanced at the court where the players were busily at work.

"What's the score?" John asked, fixing his Black Panthers blue cap on his head, matching with his dark-blue customized T-shirt. He rubbed his arms together, his eyes fixed on the court.

"Three points for Black Panthers from Michael, of course and two for The Shield." Felicia replied. "Mr. Tall, dark and handsome is doing so well too." She grinned.

They turned to her, puzzled.

"And who's that?" Lily asked, an amused look on her face. "Don't tell me you're crushing on one of the players already, Fel."

"C'mon, I'm talking about Ashton. He's dripping hot over there." She giggled. "But that guy over there is hotter." She pointed to a fair figure beside Ashton.

As if Ashton had caught of a glimpse of them, he waved.

John turned to look at the excited look on Lily's face as she waved back.

"What?" She asked, frowning.

John shrugged. "Nothing, I just think there's a lot going on that I don't know of."

"What are you guys murmuring about?" Felicia asked.

Lily hurriedly drew her hand to clasp  John's lips and scowled, "Don't utter rubbish, John." She looked over her shoulder and grinned sheepishly at Felicia, "Don't mind this silly boy."

Squinting her eyes Felicia looked at John, "I see."

Ellie forced a smile. Lily sure had something up her sleeves. Shaking her head, she turned her attention around until someone caught her eye. "Celine?"

She was engulfed with fear as her eyes glued to the disheveled Celine seated absent-mindedly two seats from her. Her unruly hair was in a ponytail, her face pale as snow and her eyes were still. She wasn't blinking.

Wearing an oversized black, sweater,  Celine's arms were crossed on her chest.

"Do you know her?" Felicia asked, furrowing her brows.

"Isn't that Celine? I think she has a problem." Lily replied. "Ashton and I met her at the restaurant the last time looking like this. She needs help."

"It's disheartening. I wonder what's wrong with her." Ellie whispered, staring blindly at Celine.

"You think she came to watch her ex play?" Lily asked.

"Elorm?" Ellie glanced at the court. "I don't know. But looking at her, she's way far from interested in the game. Something else is on her mind."

Ellie sighed. She was going to ask her after the match what was bothering her.

After a few rounds and the show finally came to an end; 40 points against 38 points with Black Panthers crowned victory.

A disappointed look on Lily's face, she pouted and folded her arms. "This is cheating!"

Ellie laughed. "Oh, no. Everyone was aware Black Panthers would win. No team has been able to take over."

"Whatever. Now, I'm beginning to hate Michael more." She grumbled.

"That's unfair!" Ellie giggled. She turned to her right and the smile faded.

Celine had left.

"So soon?" She frowned, her eyes searching for her in the crowd.

She had disappeared.

"Let's go. The game is over." Felicia nudged Ellie and Lily before getting up from the seat.

"Tomorrow's the pool party. Can't wait!" Felicia screeched, throwing her hands in the air.

"John, I still remember you said you'll be introducing us to your crush. No disappointments." Lily said as she got up.

"Uhm... I said that?" John asked, looking at Ellie for help.

"Yes, you did, Mr. Lover boy. " Ellie lifted her brows at him.

"Let's hope she comes to the party, I'll show you." He smiled.

"Hey, I think I know who she is." Felicia laughed, "Isn't it the tall, fair girl in your class? What's her name again, Adwoa?"

John grinned. "She's pretty, isn't she?"

"And you're sure she's going to like you?" Lily blurted out.

Ellie nudged her. "Be nice, Lily. That's rude."

"I'm sorry, but I was only helping in assessing his chances. C'mon, don't paint me black."

John held his waist, "Thanks for that. Let's hope she does, Lily." He raised his chin slightly.

"Don't mind her." Ellie shot Lily a glare.

"Can we go now?" Felicia asked.

They nodded and made their way out of their room.