Chapter Sixty-Four

"Yes, Mother." Lily said into the phone, a grim look on her face. "I don't want to hear another complain from Serwaa that you're not taking your nap. Don't forget your medication too."

Ellie chuckled, meeting eyes with John and Felicia as Lily scolded her mother. They knew she had the right to scold her after what she'd gone through for the past month.

Her mother's condition had turned Lily into a walking-dead. She'd never been herself and they hoped that now that her mother's condition had improved she'd get time to take care of herself.

"Alright. Take care." Lily said before taking the phone away from her ear. She looked at her friends and sighed.

Ellie shifted towards the edge of the bed and pulled Lily into her arms. "You shouldn't stress yourself any longer, your mother will be fine."

Lily sighed again and hugged Ellie tightly. "Thank you." She pulled away and glanced at Felicia and John, "And you guys too. You're the best."

"Uh-uh. Don't go there, Lillian!" Felicia shook her head as she warned Lily, but she was too late the tears under her eyes rolled down her cheeks.

Felicia sighed and held her head. "Here we go again."

Lily smiled and sniffed. "You guys have been there since I can remember, through all the bad times. Words can't describe how grateful I am to have angels like you in my life."

Ellie slowly wiped Lily's tears. "You don't need to cry because of this. We love you too."

Lily smiled back and nodded.

A knock came at the door and they looked at one another.

"Is anyone expecting someone?" John asked. When they shook their head, he frowned. "I hope it's not Elorm, I'll break his legs!"

He got up from the bed and headed to the door.

Ellie, Felicia and Lily chuckled.

"I hope he doesn't get his own legs broken instead." Felicia snorted and shook her head.

"Don't underestimate that boy. You'll be amazed at what he can do." Ellie said through giggles.

"Felicia. You have a visitor." John announced after he'd poked his head out the door.

Felicia frowned. "Visitor? Who?"

"Sammy. The waiter." John said flatly, shrugging his shoulders.

Felicia rolled her eyes as she got up from the bed. "What does he want?"

"Whoa, what happened?" Ellie asked as Felicia walked to the door.

"They fought." Lily chuckled. "She's angry because he refused to answer her calls last night."

"Oh, God." Ellie shook her head. "Felicia."

Ellie just hoped she wouldn't end the relationship. Felicia was fond of ending her relationships on trivial issues, just like this one.

"So, I heard the court hearing is schedule for next week." Ellie said, taking Lily's hand.

She nodded. "Yes. I'm still nervous about the outcome, I hope they don't hand over the restaurant to those demons!"

"I don't think they will. I know you'llq get back the restaurant and the house as well." Ellie cheered.

Lily smiled. "I'd like to believe that a lot, Ellie. It'll make mother so happy and I can't wait to see that beautiful smile back on her face."

"Definitely." She squeezed Lily's hand softly.

She turned to look at John who was eavesdropping by the door. Felicia was outside talking to Sammy.

"What are they saying?" Ellie asked.

"I think he's apologizing." John shrugged. "This guy must like her a lot to put up with her annoyance."

Ellie chuckled. "You can say that again. I just pray she doesn't hurt him in the process."

John shook his head and moved from the door. " I wouldn't be surprised if she does. She's never stayed in a relationship for more than two months."

"I don't think she'll be happy to hear you guys talk about her like this behind her." Lily chimed in, raising her brows accusingly.

Both John and Ellie pursed their lips.

They heard the door slam and looked up to see Felicia leaning on the door with her head hang.

"Hey, what happened?" Ellie called, furrowing her brows at her.

Heaving a sigh, Felicia slouched her shoulders and walked to them on the bed. She lifted her head and looked at their faces one at a time and pouted, "It's over. He broke up with me." She blurted.

Shocked, Ellie frowned. "You mean, you broke up with him?"

Felicia shook her head. "He did."

They were quiet, just silently staring at Felicia unbelievably. They've never heard her say something like that, it was always her ending things not the other way around.

"Why?" John asked. "I just heard him apologizing, I thought-"

"This was supposed to be good news but I don't know why I feel bad. It's like a part of me wishes that he stays."

"That's love, Silly. You've grown to like him, Felicia."

Felicia scoffed. "Love? You've got to be kidding me."

"I don't know why you keep pushing the good guys away. Sammy's a good guy. Have you any idea how lucky you were to have him?"

"Lucky? You can go for him then, after all it's you who's looking for love and not me." Felicia snickered.

Lily's face fell and Ellie quickly patted her shoulder. She glared at Felicia. "That was rude. You should know how those words were going to hurt her."

Felicia sighed. "I'm sorry, Lily. I..."

"It's alright." She cut in. "I'm okay."

Felicia sighed again and watched Lily climb down from the bed and walk into the washroom.